Georgian Court University Lakewood, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
The Budget Analyst is responsible for supporting the development of the University's multi-year financial plan, operating and capital budgets and assessments of financial operations. This position works as an integral member of the Finance team to provide budget management and financial support to the campus community while ensuring compliance with all internal and external policies and regulations. This position will support budget and financial processes of GCU through providing monthly budget analysis, end-user training, responses to inquiries from campus constituencies, ad hoc analysis, budget implementation and maintenance duties, etc.
- Assist in development and monitoring of departmental operating, salary, and capital budgets.
- Compile and prepare periodic analysis of University programs, departments, and divisions budget trends.
- Maintain budget information within the University’s budget system and reconcile with, import to, and export from the University’s accounting system.
- Participate in the development of business plans and project models for current or proposed University initiatives.
- Support the analysis and assessment of resource allocation and process improvement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships other University departments in order to assist in end user training and support.
- Support position control, academic economics and scenario building models.
- Perform financial analyses (historical and pro-forma), as needed.
- Assist in documenting budget controls, policies and workflow processes.
- Participate in new system development and implementation, as needed.
- Review, edit and support the posting of budget adjustment requests.
- Monitor/review general ledger journal postings vs. budget and resolve issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work on a remote basis.
- Possess strong analytical skills using spreadsheets and data base management tools.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently performing complex tasks and problem solving.
- Possess superb communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to develop financial reports, presentations and analysis that communicate ideas.
- Work cooperatively in support of efforts across a wide range of University departments.
- Respond to the financial management needs of departmental managers by providing advice, direction and direct support when needed.
- Participate on teams and complete tasks/projects that require cooperation and assistance from other departments.
Education/Training and Experience Required
- Requires bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- Requires 1 to 3 years of experience in budgeting, forecasting and/or data analytics.
- Must be well versed with all Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains, BudgetPak, ResNav and/or PFM Synario, preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- Walking, sitting, lifting reports, ability to use computer for extended periods of time
- Overtime and weekend work required to meet deadlines for special projects and work peak periods.
**Effective October 1, 2021, proof of vaccination or submission of weekly COVID-19 tests are required for all Georgian Court employees. A copy of your CDC vaccination card should be shared with the Office of Human Resources before your first day of employment. All information will be kept confidential**
**Must be US work authorized**
Georgian Court University
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Georgian Court University