Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing
Georgian Court University Lakewood, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
The Department of Nursing seeks an Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing to support an expanding nursing major. The candidate should enjoy teaching above all other aspects of academia and must bring creative pedagogy to the classroom. He or she will develop/revise curriculum and coordinate clinical laboratory experiences in Adult Health and other courses as needed.
This is a full time tenure-track position in the Georgian Court-Hackensack Meridian Health School of Nursing beginning Fall Semester 2021.
- Integrate the Mercy core values of respect, integrity, compassion, justice and service in all aspects of interaction.
- Teach Adult Health and other courses in the curriculum as needed in a BSN program using active learning strategies. Experience in specialty areas in addition to Adult Health such as Behavioral Health, Maternal Child, Pediatrics and/or Community Health is desirable
- Develop, implement and assess the clinical laboratory placements
- Integrate QSEN, inter-professional and other emerging competencies into teaching and learning
- Advise/mentor students;
- Participate in departmental, university school service;
- Collaborate in program development, student recruitment, student remediation, and continuous program assessment and improvement;
- Regularly participate in course assessment and program assessment and be willing to make improvements in teaching/advising;
- Teach at the Lakewood campus, off site locations, in the evening and weekends
- Teach in the ABSN program including summer offerings as needed.
- Collaborate with colleagues in on-going off site teaching initiatives
- Coordinate on campus and off site clinical learning laboratory activities
- Investigate new technology to enhance the learning environment for students
- Communicate with clinical instructors on the required skills and competencies required of students in a changing health care environment.
- Participate in departmental functions such as lectures, Open House, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required/ Doctoral Degree strongly preferred;
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a RN in New Jersey.
- Knowledge and experience in teaching Adult Health
- Prior experience in nursing in the acute care setting
- Prior experience in other nursing specialties desirable
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence.
Ability or willingness to learn to use instructional technologies effectively is essential; Familiarity with distance learning is desirable.
- Commitment to active, learner centered teaching.
Experience assessing learning outcomes in courses and programs.
- Knowledge of nursing curricular design/assessment and BON and/or CCNE accreditation.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with students and faculty
- Strong clinical nursing skillset and recent clinical experience preferred
**Must be US work authorized**
Georgian Court University
EducationView all jobs at Georgian Court University