Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific's quarry operation in Fort Dodge, IA is looking for safety-oriented individuals to join our team as a Heavy Equipment Operator. Heavy Equipment Operators create value by safely mining gypsum rock that is delivered to the facility for processing and production. If you are you a self-directed, motivated individual with experience operating heavy mobile equipment, apply now!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Efficiently and safely operating heavy mobile equipment of various sizes and weights associated with open pit mining
- Performing minor service and maintenance on equipment
- Recognizing and documenting potential job hazards in compliance with company policies
- Working as a team to help meet or exceed production, waste and quality goals
- Performing general housekeeping duties to continuously maintain a safe and clean work environment
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Six (6) months or more of experience operating one or more of the following in the construction and/or mining field:
- End dump truck - Articulated or rigid frame truck
- Excavator - Caterpillar 320 Class or larger
- Front-end Loader - Caterpillar 950 Class or larger
- Surface Miner - SM2200 Wirtgen or similar
- Dozer - Caterpillar D8 Class or larger
- Motor Grader - Cat 12 or 120 class or larger
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- One (1) year or more of Mining Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) related experience
- One (1) year or more of experience working with construction and/or mining equipment
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf