Georgia Military College- Fairburn Campus is seeking qualified candidates to act as part-time professional tutors in the following disciplines: English .
- Meet with students on a one-to-one, small-group, drop-in, or classroom tutoring format(s) to give learning assistance.
- Check GMC email (or preferred email) weekly to receive work notifications.
- Each semester provide the Tutoring Coordinator a weekly schedule of when you are available for work. Inform Coordinator at least 24 hours in advance if you are not able to keep your schedule or need to change your semester schedule.
- Call your students with 24 hours advanced notice if unable to keep your scheduled session.
- Exchange contact information with students to contact them directly with schedule changes.
- Inform Academic Advisors with students to contact them directly with schedule changes.
- Inform Academic Advisors if you have cancelled a session or permanently changed the schedule.
- Take weekly attendance for all tutoring sessions and report if student(s) misses two appointments in a row or routinely arrive to their session late.
- Wait at least 15 minutes for student to appear for their appointment. If student does not appear for their appointment, tutors may elect to use the remaining session time to prepare for other tutoring sessions.
- Contact instructors if necessary, to obtain course syllabi or materials or to discuss the curriculum.
- Attend mandatory tutor-training sessions as required Tutoring Campus Coordinator.
*Criminal background check and drug screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.