Georgia Marine Warehouse Co. is seeking a full time experienced forklift operator. We offer an extensive benefit package, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, paid vacation, paid sick leave, 401K, and paid holidays!
Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, the Lead is responsible for supervising all activities of an assigned work team on a shift basis by directing and assisting Associates in the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of customer product in a manner consistent with service objectives.
- Ability to perform the same work duties as those supervised or performs more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
- Collaborate with workers and managers to solve work-related problems.
- Ability to work in fast-paced,deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Maintain a clean; neat, and orderly work area; ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Step in to resolve conflicts that may arise between workers on site, and exhibit good sense of judgment to ensure that parties involved are treated fairly without bias.
- Keep accurate records of daily labor logs to ensure workers are paid promptly and accurately.
- Good team skills to be able to work with others.
- Must have forklift experience, paper clamp a plus.
- Ability to fully carry out instructions.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good knowledge of record keeping.
· Must have a flexible schedule.
· Willingness to perform other duties assigned by management.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to pass pre-employment screening to include a drug screen, physical and background check
· Ability to qualify for TWIC card.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Duties may change at any time with or without notice.
EOE: Georgia Marine Warehouse Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer