Medical Assistant - Cumming, GA
Two positions: (1) in Pediatrics and (1) in Family Practice
JOB SUMMARY: This position reports to the Nurse Manager. The Medical Assistant is one who has the basic knowledge and skills for assisting with the “back office”. As part of the health care team and under the direction of the Chief Medical Officer, physicians and mid-levels, the Medical Assistant will be involved in both direct and indirect patient care. The position consists of a variety of responsibilities, which will include providing Medical Interpretation between spanish speaking patients and our provider.
Bilingual English/Spanish strongly desired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in Care Team.
- Obtain and record initial patient data according to policy
- Prepare the patient and rooms for examination
- Have a working understanding of clinic equipment and procedure, i.e. EKG machine, audiometer, etc.
- Give immunization, and other medications under the supervision of the physician and/or mid-level according to the licensure of the physician and the State of Georgia.
- Phlebotomy experience: Blood Collection - Routine venipuncture & specimen handling
- Assist the physicians and mid-levels as needed
- Help maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment
- Provide Medical Interpretation between provider and patient
- Other duties as assigned by the physicians, mid-levels or supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum requirements – High school diploma, plus graduate of a technical school in Medical Assisting, knowledge of computers required, at least some medical experience through an externship in the technical school program. Meet competency requirement after on the job training complete, Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires full range of motions including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lift and carries items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stressful conditions and working flex hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants may submit a current Curriculum Vita or Resume through this web page. Applications accepted until the position is filled. The organization is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).