AV Technician, Tech Support Center
- $20 to $28 Hourly
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
GW Information Technology is the chief provider of technology services and applications at GW. The area partners with all key stakeholders across GW to equip students, faculty, and staff with the technology and tools necessary to achieve academic excellence. This position works within GW Information Technology and ensures collaboration with both University stakeholders and external vendors.
This AV Technician, Tech Support Center position provides AV technology support in a call center or technology support center environment, with hours that include evening and/or weekend operation, and typically handles Tier I and Tier II requests by users. The position is responsible for the following duties:
- Respond to AV support support calls and provide on-site customer training (one-on-one and small group) in classrooms and collaboration and event spaces.
- Report feedback gathered from customer interaction during support calls and training.
- Provide technology support for special events to include AV equipment setup, testing, operation, and strike-down.
- Train student wage staff on audiovisual best practices and troubleshooting techniques.
- Perform routine inspection of audiovisual system operation for controlled (and non-controlled) audiovisual and advanced video conferencing systems.
- Monitor audiovisual and IT systems using remote management and monitoring tools.
- Perform intermediate-level service functions as needed to maintain full operational status of AV technology, including evaluation of issues escalated from call center, technology support centers, and customer representatives.
- Replace audiovisual equipment, conducting signal flow analysis, test cables, test audiovisual systems, document system changes, and repair audiovisual equipment.
- Consult with advanced-level technicians while applying configuration updates and control file updates to audiovisual systems.
- Document technical troubleshooting procedures and resolutions for support issues using the incident management tool; Operate and troubleshoot multiple IT platforms (including mobile) and operating systems.
- Act as a liaison with third-party audiovisual vendors in relation to warranty and technical support questions; Process return merchandise authorization (RMA) documents for equipment troubleshooting and repair.
- Perform installation duties during audiovisual upgrade projects. This includes performing site surveys, equipment decommission, cable termination, rack building, cable handling and mounting equipment per industry best practice and university policy.
- Recommend opportunities for improvement for customer support and technology upgrades within the technology support centers. This includes internal and external technical operational procedures and classroom technology capabilities.
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 3 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Typical Hiring Range
$20.18 - $28.22 How is pay for new employees determined at GW?
II. JOB DETAILS
Service and Support
Full time -> FTE 1.00
Hours Per Week:
Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm occasional evenings and weekends.
Will this job require the employee to work on site?
Employee Onsite Status
On-campus (in person)
Required Background Check:
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
Internal Applicants Only?
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
George Washington UniversityAshburn, VA
Create or sign into a ZipRecruiter account, and then apply on the company site¹
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.