George Washington Health & Rehabilitation is seeking for a Line Cook who will assists in supervising dietary functions and personnel. Prepares and directs preparation of food served. Assists in tray service and cleaning functions. Keeps records as directed.
- RESPONISBILITIES: Supervises in absence of manager. Receives reports on meals to be served for normal and special diets and diet changes.
- Determines amount of food and supplies required for daily menus. Uses only approved substitutions. Follows special diet orders.
- May carve and apportion food for serving and may assist in serving duties.
- May schedule hours and assign duties in absence of Dietary Service Supervisor. Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours, so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food is preserved.
SKILLS: Ability to prepare and cook a variety of foods in large quantities, aware of special diets, seasoning requirements, cooking times, temperature controls; ability to estimate qualities of food required, limit waste, and utilize leftovers while serving attractive, appetizing meals. Standards: State Health Department.
Education: High School diploma preferred, but at a minimum to write and read English Preferred.
At least two years of Line Cook experience in Skill Nursing Home LTC and health care accounting (Preferred)
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Basic Term Life and AD&D Insurance & Voluntary Term Life and AD&D Insurance Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Accident coverage, Hospital Indemnity coverage and Critical Illness coverage.
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON HEALTH & REHABILITATION COMMITMENT
We have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation center, and long-term care center. We have a single job description at George Washington Health & Rehabilitation, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another. We are committed to maintaining diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
George Washington Health and RehabilitationFairfax, VA
FoodView All George Washington Health and Rehabilitation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.