JOB DESCRIPTIONS: We are looking for an Activities Assistant who can promote, plan, organize and staff activities and opportunities for the residents which best fit their needs to enhance their quality of life and the philosophy of the facility.
- RESPONSIBILITIES: Promotes and conducts activities in and out of the facility for all residents at all levels of care and generate an assessment to be reviewed quarterly of activities which promote the highest level of functioning.
- Coordinates, plans, organizes, directs, and staffs activities department and volunteers. Encourages personal interests and development to optimize residents’ physical and emotional functioning.
- Contact with families about outings, coordinates, transports, and work closely with Social Services, Dietary, and Nursing in developing appropriate activities.
- Will target population and develop special activities to satisfy their needs. Knowledgeable of all budgetary figures, inventory, and charges of personals on a timely basis.
- Ability to produce monthly newsletters and activity calendars. Ability to writing newspaper articles for local newspaper weekly.
- Knowledgeable of care plans, MDS and ISP. Knowledgeable of VHCA’s “The Road to a Viable Future”, a culture change manual.
SKILLS: Knowledge of special needs and limitations of elderly; methods and techniques used to include residents and involve them in activities; alert to attitudes and feelings of residents; knowledge of and familiarity with handicrafts, skills, games, other activities, and vendors of supplies and equipment; familiarity with the community, social agencies, contacts with clubs and groups, and knowledge of sources of materials and local services.
understanding and self-discipline to relate sensitivity to residents. needs and feelings.
EDUCATION: Minimum: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Experience: One or more years of a Nursing Home Long Term Care.
Powered by JazzHR
George Washington Health and RehabilitationFairfax, VA
TourismView All George Washington Health and Rehabilitation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.