Assistant to the Dean- College of Humanities and Administrative Assistant for the Department of Lan
George Fox University - Staff and Administrator Newberg, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Purpose: To provide executive assistance and support to the Dean of the College of Humanities and facilitate communication with department chairs in the college. The person in this position also serves as an essential member of the Department of Language and Literature, providing a high level of administrative support for the academic program and work of the department chair and faculty. Exceptional office and program management are key elements in successful contributions toward university goals.
- Provide executive assistance to the dean of the College of Humanities.
- Comply with requirements of Academic Affairs and coordinate with all departments in the College of Humanities.
- Create and process faculty loads and schedules.
- Coordinate and communicate information with department chairs.
- Facilitate financial transactions and budget reports for the College of Humanities.
- Maintain filing and archival systems for documents.
- Collaborate with all colleges/schools in the Cultural Enterprise.
- Support and assist Department of Language and Literature chair and faculty to facilitate requirements of academic administration offices.
- Plan and organize department and student recruitment events.
- Manage department budgets and finances.
- Participate in College of Humanities and university activities and events.
- Five years' experience in administrative support positions, preferably in higher education.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized and task oriented, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work independently and meet deadlines. Positive decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Google documents, Internet navigation, and able to become proficient in other administrative software programs (Canvas, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Integrity and discretion in maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution's goals, including signed agreement with GFU Statement of Faith and Community Lifestyle Statement and being in living agreement with same.
- Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God's kingdom, engages in global concerns and connects culturally.
For Your Personal Well-Being We Offer:
- A beautiful and peaceful campus environment with areas to walk and coffee shops and restaurants close by
- A strong Christian vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions
- Wonderful Christian peers and a vibrant student population
- Free Fitness Center membership
- Free parking
- Rich employee benefits
We invite you to Be Known at Oregon's Nationally Recognized Christian University!
George Fox has been transforming student lives for over 125 years.
Each day we look to broaden our future for generations to come.
We have alumni from 52 countries and all 50 states.
We invite you to become a steward of our dreams using your God-given gifts.
Our Purpose: To educate and inspire students to pursue God's calling.
**This position is subject to close at any time, regardless of the date on the posting.
George Fox University - Staff and Administrator
BusinessView all jobs at George Fox University - Staff and Administrator