George Fox University announces a full-time administrative assistant position in the School of Medical Science (PA) to begin immediately. The position is in a developing physician assistant program located in Newberg, Oregon. The selected candidate will report to the program Chair
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Staff support all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from individuals who can help us achieve our diversity goals.
The Administrative Assistant has responsibilities that are at the discretion of the Chair and as a minimum will include:
- Helping facilitate and maintain the program's self-assessment process.
- Working with administrative personnel and faculty within the School of Medical Science to collect and aggregate data required for the program's self-assessment processes which includes:
- Serving as primary support staff on the Program Executive Committee, coordinating meetings, preparing agendas, and recording minutes.
- Helping develop program self-assessment instruments (paper and electronic) to collect required data
- Helping analyze data and prepare formal program self-assessment reports.
- Assist in preparing required accreditation application documentation including self-study reports.
- Maintaining databases and self-assessment program records.
- Working closely with faculty and staff members on program committees to coordinate follow through of program improvement initiatives.
- Assisting program staff and faculty in preparation of self-study reports, accreditation site visits, etc. as directed.
- Performing Executive Assistant duties such as:
- Greeting visitors and answering telephones in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assisting the Program Chair with establishing and monitoring program files.
- Maintaining electronic data including student information and calendars.
- Organizing, coordinating, and scheduling complex activities such as faculty and staff travel arrangements, briefing materials, appointments, meetings and events.
- Tracking and processing purchase orders and/or expense reports.
- Creating and developing visual presentations for the program. Designing and drafting general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, signs, etc.
- Editing duties such as proofreading for spelling, grammar, and layout.
- Serving as recorder for committee meetings; ensuring schedules, agendas, reminders, and minutes are created and distributed in a timely manner.
- Coordinating meetings and working with university systems to schedule special events such as receptions and commencement.
- Working closely with the Program Chair and University systems to coordinate the orientation and training of new faculty and staff.
- Assisting the Admissions Specialist with schedule and coordination of program informational sessions.
- Other assigned duties at the discretion of the Program Chair.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred)
- A background in statistics and data collection
- Knowledge of secretarial and office administrative procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Office software and internet computing skills
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Salary and Rank
Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae (Resume), and Essay Requirement:
- Letter of Interestincluding a statement of your personal faith
As a Christ-centered community,George Fox University is an institution that values diversityas an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from individuals who can help us achieve our diversity goals.
For Your Personal Well-Being We Offer:
- A beautiful and peaceful campus environment with areas to walk and coffee shops and restaurants close by
- A strong Christian vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions
- Wonderful Christian peers and a vibrant student population
- Free Fitness Center membership
- Free parking
- Rich employee benefits
We invite you to Be Known at Oregon's Nationally Recognized Christian University!
George Fox has been transforming student lives for over 125 years.
Each day we look to broaden our future for generations to come.
We have alumni from 52 countries and all 50 states.
We invite you to become a steward of our dreams using yourGod-given gifts.
Our Purpose: To educate and inspire students to pursue God's calling.
**This position is subject to close at any time, regardless of the date on the posting.