Administrative Assistant- Department of Language and Literature
- Expired: December 14, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
This administrative assistant position serves as an essential member of the Literature and Language department, providing a high level of support for the academic program and work of the department chair and faculty. Exceptional office and program management are key elements in successful contributions toward university goals. This position is for 20 hours a week and 9 months out of the year.
- Provide administrative support for department chair and faculty.
- Team with department chair to facilitate requirements of academic administration offices.
- Create and maintain a courteous and welcoming presence to students and other visitors.
- Plan and organize department and student recruitment events.
- Manage department budgets and finances.
- Participate in College of Humanities and university activities and events.
- Hires and manages student employees
- Assists the department chair and faculty with a high level of administrative support to further the mission of the department program and university, serving as the primary representative to students, faculty, staff, and visitors to campus. Provides clerical assistance as needed and manages the office to create an inviting yet professional atmosphere.
- Assists the department chair with budget management. Manages with a high level of integrity and reliability the financial functions of the department, including tracking budgets, processing financial forms and reports as needed, and maintains systems for financial accountability. Maintains office supplies inventory and tracks budget accordingly. Coordinates with the Finance department for financial systems implementation.
- Academic Affairs Office- Communicates information, and assists where needed, providing documentation for the collection and retention of course syllabi each semester. Coordinates with the dean's assistant and department chair scheduling and ordering of course evaluations each semester. Also assists, particularly with adjunct faculty, ordering of textbooks for the upcoming semester. Assists department chair with collection of data for creation of loads and course schedules, as well as documentation for course development and curriculum changes. Liaison for adjunct faculty regarding gradebook retention and other course related documentation.
- Coordinates and implements activities for university and department events- works with caterer, facilities, etc. Manages financing of events. Attends monthly All Employee Meetings and college assistants' meetings.
- Communications/Information- Maintains department calendar and manages departmental marketing and informational media to communicate with students, alumni, university and outside constituents. Assists the department chair to coordinate and communicate scheduled meetings. Attends meetings and records department notes.
- Manages processes for department student employment. Works closely with Human Resources and faculty to ensure documents are completed in a timely manner. Maintains and monitors student employment budget.
- 3-5 years of successful office clerical and administrative support, preferably experience in a higher education environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills and detail orientation with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines. Positive decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Google documents, Internet navigation, and able to become proficient in other administrative software programs.
- Integrity and discretion in maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- An evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the institution's mission, including a signed agreement with the University's Statement of Faith and Statement of Community Responsibilities.
Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God's kingdom, engages in global concerns and connects culturally.
George Fox University - Staff and Administrator
BusinessView all jobs at George Fox University - Staff and Administrator