Assistant Professor of Education, Science Educator
George Fox University - Faculty Newberg, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
George Fox University's Undergraduate School of Education in the College of Education seeks qualified candidates for a 1.0 FTE, tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor to teach face-to-face in the Undergraduate Teacher Education program at our campus in in Newberg, Oregon. This contract will be given to instruction in the undergraduate programs specifically, and across the School of Education. This is a 24-semester hour position spread over the fall and spring semesters. The successful candidate will be assigned an instructional load that is comprised of 24 hours of teaching to begin August 15, 2021.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach Science Education courses, 24-semester hour position spread over the fall and spring semesters in the undergraduate programs specifically, and across the School of Education, that may include some or all of the following: curriculum and instruction, learning theory, human development, and STEM/STEAM related courses.
- The ability to structure and maintain growth in students in the area of science education.
- The ability to develop and sustain an ongoing program of relevant scholarship.
- Participation in the work of the UGTE program and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
- Applicants must have successful teaching experience at the elementary level in K-8 schools.
- Terminal degree in science education is preferred.
- A strong record of scholarship and teaching methods, especially using technology to enhance education in P-12 classrooms.
- Background and experience necessary to teach courses in areas of science specialization.
- Ability to teach, study, and serve in a growing and diverse community of professionals focused on preparing transformative P-12 educators.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
- Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S. When employed by George Fox University, employees must be a resident of one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, New York, Ohio, or Texas.
Salary and Rank:
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Application Procedures apply only through this Applicant Pool website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Concise description of research/scholarship plans
Recommendations and other supporting materials will be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Review of applications will begin May 10, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
George Fox University - Faculty
EducationView all jobs at George Fox University - Faculty