Assistant Professor of Accounting
George Fox University - Faculty Newberg, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
George Fox University announces a faculty position in accounting, to begin in August 2021. This position is primarily focused on our undergraduate accounting program, although there may be opportunities to teach in our graduate level accounting courses as well. As such, we seek applicants with the ability to teach in a broad range of accounting courses, giving priority to candidates with expertise in one or more of the following specializations: managerial accounting, tax planning, accounting ethics, and financial accounting and reporting. In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to engage in appropriate professional and scholarly activities, supervise internships, advise students, and carry out other faculty responsibilities.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching a broad range of undergraduate courses within the curriculum of the College of Business in areas such as managerial accounting, tax planning, accounting ethics, and financial accounting and reporting.
- Engagement with professional accounting and financial planning communities.
- Participation in the work of the department and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
- Candidates with a Ph.D. or D.B.A. in accounting or a related field will be given preference, although candidates with a Master's degree and an active CPA are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
- Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S. and be a resident of one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, New York, Ohio, or Texas.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Application Procedures - kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay*
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at once. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
*INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries)