Adjunct Instructor of Business Law
George Fox University - Faculty Newberg, OR
- Expired: July 27, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Adjunct Instructor of Business Law
George Fox University announces a part-time, adjunct instructor position in Business Law, to begin in August 2021.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from individuals who can help us achieve our diversity goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Business Law in the undergraduate program on Mon.,Wed., and Fri. from 11:00 am -11:50 am and 2:00 to 2:50 pm or an evening time slot could be available. Online option could be possible if you are a resident of Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, New York, Ohio, Texas, Colorado.
JD degree preferred
Masters in related field and professional law experience required.
- Teaching experience at the college level required.
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
- Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S. and employees of George Fox University must be a resident of one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, New York, Ohio, or Texas.
Application Procedures kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay*
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Review of applications will begin at once and continue until the position is filled.
Questions may be directed to: Debby Thomas, Dean, College of Business at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries)
Additional Job Posting Information
- List of search committee members or person who should receive application notifications. Send this list to the Executive Assistant to the Provost with the job posting if possible, or as soon as possible.
- Once the job posting has gone live, the search committee members will receive an email with instructions for accessing the applications in Applicant Pool.
- All search committee members will also receive notification emails from Applicant Pool whenever a complete application has been submitted.
George Fox University - Faculty
EducationView all jobs at George Fox University - Faculty