Utility Locator Technician
George F. Young Saint Petersburg, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
George F. Young, Inc. (GFY) is seeking highly motivated candidates to join our St. Petersburg team. At GFY, we are proud of our work dynamic and culture. We are friends and coworkers. Encouraging team building is what we do best. We want to provide a workplace that assures creative thinking, growth, and balance. Being founded over 100 years ago, we celebrate our past and future with the opportunity to build upon our years of integrity, quality, and service to our clients and employees.
Utility Locator Tech (2 Positions): This is a full-time position with no experience necessary. COMPANY TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED.
Responsibilities for this full-time position include the following:
The Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Locator Tech is responsible for assisting the SUE Lead Locator (crew chief) in all aspects of electronically and physically locating underground utilities.
The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required once trained. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists SUE Lead Locator (Crew Chief) on underground utility location crew.
- Locate underground utilities using ground-penetrating radar and other locating devices.
- Drives, operates, and helps maintain vacuum excavation vehicles to provide vertical location and disposition of underground utilities.
- Assists in providing Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) setup, as well as all related safety and other field tasks.
- Keep the vacuum excavation trucks and support vehicles stocked with the appropriate equipment, supplies, and tools, paints, flags, signs, asphalt, concrete, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work site environment for all utility crewmembers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to work Outdoors
- Designating/locating experience a plus, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean Motor Vehicle Report
Our firm does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Each person, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, handicap or disability or veteran’s status, will receive equal consideration. EEO/DFWP
George F. Young
AddressSaint Petersburg, FL
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at George F. Young