Senior Drupal Developer - Contract
Geonetric provides hospitals, health systems, and medical groups with a healthcare-specific content management system, hosting, marketing strategies and creative services optimized for the unique needs of the healthcare industry. We are looking for an experienced Senior Drupal Developer on a contract basis to work on projects and other impromptu work. The ideal candidate would be a talented Drupal developer with exceptional technical skills and a passion for quality code and new technologies.
This is a contract position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
While you might get to work on just about anything at Geonetric, you?ll primarily:
- Build and launch innovative Drupal solutions for some of the nation?s best healthcare brands.
- Collaborate closely with other members of the Geonetric team to interpret client needs and develop solutions.
- Create and maintain Drupal processes and tools for code management, code review, test automation, build, deployment, and monitoring.
- Serve as a consultant to clients on Drupal development and DevOps practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and mentor on Drupal development.
- Write and maintain Drupal plug-ins.
- Create data imports and API integrations between Drupal and client systems.
- Ensure security and availability of Drupal sites.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor?s degree in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Five years of experience in web development required; eight years of experience preferred.
- Experience with object-oriented PHP development required.
- Experience developing for Drupal 8 required.
- Experience with website re-platforming projects and/or Drupal 7 to 8 migrations strongly preferred.
- Acquia experience and certifications strongly preferred.
- Experience with decoupled architecture and/or progressive web applications a plus.
- Experience with WordPress plugin development and deployment practices a plus.
- General web-building skills (CSS, JS, HTML, AJAX).
- Advanced skills with creating and maintaining version control (SVN, Git, etc.).
- Drupal DevOps and deployment, including Drush and LAMP experience.
- Implementing and using build tools (Grunt, Gulp, etc.).
- Continuous integration and BDD / TDD approaches and tools.
- Decoupled/headless architecture.
- Drupal security.