Maintains smooth operation of a variety of networks. Plans, evaluates, designs, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. Examples of work activity is listed below:
1. Installs and configure network communications systems including physical infrastructure build outs.
2. Support day-to-day service requests and trouble tickets using enterprise Remedy ticket system.
3. Provides specifications and detailed diagrams using standard templates for network baseline documentation.
4. Provide cost estimates for both LAN hardware and physical cable infrastructure for supported projects using standard ROM templates
5. Use enterprise tools to help support and troubleshoot wired and wireless network infrastructure.
6. Work directly with vendors and contractors to support project requirements.
7. Work with customer and assist in identifying specific requirements and design moderately complex network systems.
8. Participate with planning and assessment phases of projects and assist with project design Skills
1. Understanding of standard IT environment and infrastructure, including Cisco switches and Wireless APs as well as the physical infrastructure cabling.
2. Candidate must have some knowledge of Cisco Command Line Interface (CLI) to be able to log into switch and do simple configuration changes such as standard port activations.
3. Good communication skills are required as candidate will be working directly with end users and other sub-contractors
4. Good organizational skills required as candidate will be required to work multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
5. Good work ethics, able to stay focused on business objectives but work independently are remote site.
6. Use of standard Microsoft Office applications such as Excel and Word required
1. Basic understanding of Cisco Network Access Control (NAC) network environment
2. Understands and works in Remedy Ticket System
3. Uses Cisco PRIME network management tool to support configuration management for wire and wireless networks
4. Understanding of Wireshark network packet analysis
5. BICSI certification and knowledge of standard electrical codes a plus.
Candidate will be involved with installing new communication infrastructure and support different facilities projects.
8+ Years with HS4+ Years with AA2+ Years with BS0+ Years with MS Experience