Systems Test Technician in our Scottsdale, Arizona
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a SECRET clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities: The Engineering Test Technician will primarily perform hardware integration and test of highly complex, highly-reliable spaceflight payload electronics. This technician will also perform alignment, testing, problem troubleshooting, data analysis, and technical evaluation of Digital and RF modules. Tasks would include developing and prepare reports, procedure documentation, and a high level of understanding of product specifications.
Basic Qualifications: Prefer recent experience working with high-reliability spaceflight electronic hardware, including experience in both digital and RF/microwave circuit testing. Good computer skills and knowledge of UNIX, Windows and MS Office are required. Candidate requires the ability to interpret complex engineering drawings, diagrams and schematics and the necessary interfaces. Candidate requires interfacing daily with engineering and may be tasked to run special tests for engineering.
Required Key Skills: Strong background in electrical testing techniques. Knowledgeable use of test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and signal generators is required. Candidate must be able to read and follow detailed work instructions and/or test procedures. Second and/or third shift coverage will be required for most assignments.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Has a solid understanding of the job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
• Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
• Focus is on completing tasks or activities supporting implementation of procedures
• Receives little instruction on daily work with general instructions on newly introduced assignments
• May provide direction to other employees with similar duties