GMA is growing and looking to add an experienced and hardworking claims paralegal to its Personal Injury Team!
Our claims paralegals handle new and existing claims resulting from motor vehicle crashes and slip and falls. Personal injury work is intense and rewarding, and we are looking for the right person to join our amazing team of hardworking paralegals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Track and coordinate client treatment through weekly and bi-weekly phone calls and electronic communications
- Participate in comprehensive client meetings
- Interview witnesses and law enforcement
- Order medical records, billing records and case-related documents
- Perform comprehensive review of medical records and bills
- Establish claims with insurance companies
- Prepare medical chronologies, Demands
- Scan, name, and file documents in accordance with Firm naming conventions
- Order police reports and collect witness statements and information
- Submit FOIA requests to various government entities
- Collect information on lost wages, lost income and tax returns
- Communicate with adjusters, opposing counsel and Court personnel
- Communicate and coordinate with doctors, medical providers, experts and vendors
- Obtain and verify patient balances
- Assist clients with liens
- Conduct monthly file reviews with the assigned attorney
- Manage Attorney calendars and track deadlines
- Prepare Attorneys for hearings (such as Infant Settlements)
- Review vendor invoices and process/submit for payment
Must be a team player, well organized, hard working and capable of successfully handling multiple deadlines at once. Must have compassion, empathy and a servant's heart. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook is required. Familiarity with case management software is a plus (Needles).
Experience working in a law firm, specifically Plaintiff's Personal Injury, is a plus! College degree preferred but not required; comparable and demonstrated legal experience will be considered. Bilingual (Spanish) applicants are encouraged to apply.
GMA was named a "Top Work Place" by the Richmond Times Dispatch in '22 and '23, and Best Place to Work by Virginia Business Weekly in '23!
At Geoff McDonald & Associates, we’ve been helping clients get the compensation they deserve for over 30 years. We help injured clients throughout the the Commonwealth of Virginia including the Eastern Shore, Hampton Roads, Chesapeake Bay, Northern Virginia, Central Virginia, Southern Virginia, Shenandoah Valley, Blue Ridge Highlands and Heart of Appalachia regions.
Geoff McDonald & Associates
8720 Stony Point ParkwayRichmond, VA
Get fresh Pre-Litigation/Claims Paralegal jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.