Business Development Manager - Texas Region
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Sales
Position Summary: Responsibilities include promotion of full line of company products & services to owner, engineers, construction management firms (EPCs), general/sitework contractors within the energy market in Texas. This position is tasked to manage sales revenues in conjunction with the Territory Manager(s) responsible for this geography. Large project engagement will be a primary responsibility of this role and will focus on vertical market penetration in Texas.
- Develop and nurture owner, engineers, construction management firms (EPCs), general/sitework contractors relationships unique to the energy sector (upstream, midstream, downstream). Promote the full array of GeoSolutions products & services to establish trusted business advisor status with key influencers within the market.
- Assist Territory Manager(s) in developing and nurturing contractor relationships within the energy sector to establish GeoSolutions as a primary resource for design/supply for energy projects. Create, sustain and grow key contractor accounts that value GeoSolutions’ business model.
- Create, manage and prioritize key projects list for internal consumption to GeoSolutions and for external reference by key vendor partners. All key projects to be captured and updated within company customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Successfully implement bid strategies to close large projects in conjunction with Territory Manager. Quotation generation will be the responsibility of the Territory Manager/Inside Sales Manager. Pricing negotiation may be co-managed by BDM, Territory Manager & Director of Sales based on available information & project timing.
- Coordinate promotional efforts and large project design/bidding strategies with key vendor partners to ensure fair advantage bidding status is achieved prior to active quotation issuance. Develop cooperative promotional business plan with five (5) key vendors as agreed upon by BDM and Director of Sales.
- Assist Territory Manager/Outside Contractor Sales/Key Vendor representative in providing project site assistance as required with PPE/ company branded safety vest. Achieve necessary approvals for accessing project sites as required by participating companies.
- Develop and execute annual business development plan focused on owner, engineers, construction management firms (EPCs), general/sitework contractors key account development, promotional initiatives for key/growing product lines, vendor engagement & promotional efforts. Establish & achieve both financial and non-financial goals to achieve for the energy market on an annual basis.
- Promote, manage, sell and service high-value (>$250k) projects within the energy market. Work with company Operations team along with Territory Manager to ensure product delivery logistics are sufficient to meet customer expectations. Help Company Operations personnel become certified to access project sites in keeping with owner requirements.
- Train, educate and provide technical support to resellers, as needed, with the approval of Territory Manager and Director of Sales.
- Communication of local competitive activities and pricing strategies to the Director of Sales & Territory Manager on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate interaction between GeoSolutions Engineering & Inspection service offering to develop Design-Supply-Inspect fair advantage status in advance of project bidding.
- Five to ten years work experience, preferably in the Texas area.
- BS in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical emphasis preferred with extensive knowledge of geosynthetics for civil engineering applications
- Five to ten years of business development and/or sales experience
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve financial expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop rapport with key business decision-makers. Demonstrated ability to influence decision makers for a value-added product and system.
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, Self-directed and self- motivated. Strong sense of urgency.
- Good administrative and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
GeoSolutions Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace offering competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) Plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
BusinessView all jobs at GeoSolutions, Inc.