Construction / Survey Support Specialist
GeoShack, INC Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do You Enjoy Technology?
Do you strive to take on new challenges and take pride in representing a well-known brand?
If you are, GeoShack is looking for you.
As we continue to grow in the marketplace, we have an Excellent opportunity for a motivated, hardworking, driven Technical Support Specialist to join our winning team of professionals.
GeoShack, Inc is a leading distributor of GPS based grade control solutions to the Construction, Survey, Landfill, Mining and Agricultural markets in North America. Our job as the Technology Leader is to stay at the forefront of emerging technologies and we focus on providing our customers with a “total solution” of quality products and services to meet their needs.
The Technical Support Specialist supports the sales department by training and supporting potential and existing customers in the application of their machine control or survey systems. This position is highly technical in nature and requires advanced knowledge of survey, 3D and 2D Machine Control system functions as well as grading and surveying practices associated with construction and survey projects. Advanced knowledge of software programs such as Magnet, Magnet Office, Pocket 3D, 3D office and 3DMC is required as well as how they interact with subsystems and machine dynamics. Additionally working knowledge of test programs such as Topcon Receiver Utility (TRU) is essential to the function of this position.
Troubleshooting of highly advanced machine control and survey systems requires that individuals possess advanced system applications knowledge, methodical troubleshooting skills, and good mechanical capabilities. Good organizational skills are needed to schedule, plan and execute training classes for end-users and GeoShack employees. Good verbal and written communication skills are essential. Excellent computer skills are needed not only to perform testing and repairs, but also to interface with NetSuite and vendor websites to do research related to warranty validation, support program validation, and technical materials.
Our Technical Support Specialists can expect to:
- Technical Support for the 3D Sales staff – All of these functions are ultimately the responsibility of the selling rep. These functions are in support of the sales process.
- New Install Preparation and coordination between the salesman, installer, and customer
- Initial customer training
- Follow up training for 3D customers
- Demonstration administrator
- Assist in the gathering and testing of equipment for demo
- Coordination between salesman, customer, and installer of all details required for a successful demo
- Manage the demo, including demo support
- Primary contact for telephone and onsite support for contractors under the GeoShack Support Agreement
- Provide telephone support to the 3D Sales Staff
- Technical Support for the Positioning Sales staff - All of these functions are ultimately the responsibility of the selling rep. These functions are in support of the sales process.
- Assist in demos of high-value products including GPS and Robotic products
- Assist in training for high-value products including GPS, Robotics and 2D Machine solutions
- Provide telephone support to their end-user customers
- Provide telephone support to the Positioning Sales Staff
- Technical and backup Support to the local field service technician
- GPS Network Support
Revenue Generating Opportunities
- Support Agreement renewals
- Training seminars
- Telephone support
- Warranty field support/calls
- Non-warranty field support/calls
Administrative Responsibilities - These functions are performed as a collaborative effort with the Regional Sales Administrator
- Demo/Rental/Loaner equipment administrator – responsible for “ALL” machine control equipment out to customers
- Track GeoShack machine control customers to include product owned and software versions
- Manage and coordinate the “GeoShack Support Agreement” program for the Region
- Documentation of all support/repair activities
- Support related
- Submission and tracking of warranty claims
- Verification of approvals
- Back up documentation if needed
- Resubmission of claims or back charging of customers if denied
- Documentation of physical inventory transactions
- Order, stock, secure and track inventory needed
- Assist with store inventories
- Any other tasks related to the support of the machine control and the survey business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Windows and mobile computers helpful
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain calm efficiency
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and time-management skills
- Must have a clean driving record
- Competitive Base Salary Plus Strong Commission Structure
- Group Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement with Company Match
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, as well as employer-paid Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Laptop Computer and Cell Phone
- Vehicle Allowance and paid Travel Expenses
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
GeoShack, INCWhy Work Here?
Technology Based/Productivity Tools for Construction. Unlimited Earning Potential! Hot Construction Market.
GeoShack, Inc. is North America’s largest dealer of positioning, leveling, alignment, measurement, guidance and grade control solutions to the Construction, Survey, Agriculture, Landfill, Mining, Aggregates and Industrial markets. And, is the largest dealer partner worldwide for Topcon Positioning Systems. At our locations you can find a wide selection of UAV’s, construction lasers, total stations, robotic instruments, GPS Survey systems, optical instruments, 2D & 3D machine control systems, GPS based agricultural guidance and auto-steer systems, variable rate control technology, software for a multitude of applications, and a complete line of supplies and accessories. GeoShack’s team of sales and service professionals operate from our 16 retail locations in 9 states in the US are dedicated to serving our customers and providing the best possible solutions. GeoShack’s job as the Technology Leader is to stay at the forefront of emerging technologies, weeding out the exceptional from the unproductive to bring only the best to market.