Chef Manager / Exec Chef
- Expired: December 11, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT GENUINE FOODS
At Genuine Foods we create nourishing food environments at schools and workplaces through great-tasting and wholesome meals, made from genuine ingredients. We are a growing social enterprise that uses food to enhance health, productivity and happiness. We believe that fresh, scratch-made food together with unparalleled service and meaningful enrichment programs can transform lives and build community. Food service management is what we do, but what we achieve together with our customers, our partners and our dedicated team goes beyond the plate.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
As a Chef Manager for Genuine Foods, you will ensure that students and families enjoy the scratch made and delicious meals they deserve! This role is based in a Higher Ed facility.
The Chef Manager collaborates with the existing culinary and operations management team and manages the onsite staff. Main responsibilities include planning exciting and engaging meals and menus, leading a team of cooks and food service workers, and contributing to the exceptional daily prep and service of each meal. This includes overseeing on-site client visits and events, account management, and ensuring that all menu items that are produced are of high quality and delight the guests relying on our services for their meals.
- Generate seasonal and exciting menus with the culinary team for our clients while being mindful of client preferences, tastes and nutrition.
- Collaborate with the Regional Director to ensure menus meet labor, food cost and efficiency standards.
- Collaborate with the Regional Director to ensure menus meet transportation requirements, if applicable.
- Team member management, staffing, scheduling, coaching, etc with assistance of HR as needed.
- Menu development and costing, ordering and inventory management.
- Ensure supplies, ingredients and raw materials availability to produce meals, while minimizing waste, is required.
- Maintain inventory records and invoicing.
- Complies for food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Manage and coach the team overseeing all aspects of daily food preparation & serving including culinary and operational excellence, staff/skills training, daily troubleshooting, recipe adherence, and site cleanliness and organization.
- Continuously improve and propel forward culinary aspects of operations from sourcing and receiving, to menu/recipe development and feedback.
- Oversee weekly P&L and communicate performance to internal and external teams.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Meal participation rates, client meal feedback and scores and kitchen team retention and turnover.
- Any other duties as assigned or needed
- Previous high-volume production, contract food service, healthcare, catering, hotel, restaurant, or relevant experience is highly desired.
- Comfortable with change, feedback, and the ability to be passionate when cooking from recipes that you didn't make.
- Experience managing in a union environment.
- Passion for seasonal ingredients and local sourcing.
- Experience in leading teams with varying culinary skill levels and interest.
- Commitment to continuous learning and on-going training.
- Demonstrated organizational and superior attention to detail skills.
- Superior ability to manage labor and food costs.
- Enjoys working with people and growing and developing a culinary team.
- Very comfortable working with numbers and technology
Benefits and Perks:
- Health and retirement benefits
- Paid time off
- Performance-based bonuses
Trustworthiness: Integrity. Transparency. Reliability. Consistency. Best quality possible. Delivery excellence.
Personal accountability: Ownership in solving problems. No excuses. Never compromising. Learn from mistakes. Financial stewardship of the bottom line (ours and customers'), without sacrificing quality.
People first: Human centered solutions/approach. Whole person. Teamwork. Hospitality. Every single person matters. Humanity. Empathy. Meeting people where they are. Culturally responsive.
Entrepreneurial: Adaptable. Nimble. Go the extra mile. Responsive. Encouraged to try new things.
Genuine: Real, tasty, scratch-cooked healthy food. Strive for the highest quality, freshest and tastiest product at the price customers can afford. Authentic interactions. Honest. Positive. Proven. Professional.
Genuine Food Lab LLC
AddressFort Worth, TX
Get fresh Chef Manager / Exec Chef jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.