- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an industrial or mechanical engineer working in factory automation but with a head for sales? Join a company that is growing! We are looking for an Account Manager, Outside Sales for a Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, MI territory.
Genuine Cable Group (GCG) is a leading North American distributor of wire, cable and connectivity solutions. GCG has ten premier brands; Seacoast, Cobra Wire & Cable, Electro Wire, Connect-Air, CPS Broadband, Empire, Fourstar, C&E Advanced Technologies, Advanced Controls & Distribution, and most recently Allied Wire & Cable. At GCG We Make Connections Possible!
Location: in the Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo MI area.
This position works in a fast-paced environment to support existing customers and drive new business. This position develops and supports sales strategies to expand market share within the region, promotes products, and addresses customer concerns in manufacturing, such as product quality, machine safety, and equipment efficiency. This position will assist Empire customers grow and prosper; proving that manufacturing in America is strong, safe, and high quality. The ideal candidate is technically-oriented, determined to succeed, and able to build a positive rapport with everyone they meet.
- Developing a thorough understanding of our core product lines and their proper application.
- Traveling to customer locations to provide technical consultation; recommending products that address the customer's pain points and providing product demonstrations.
- Working with Inside Sales to record call activity, manage opportunities, and develop quotations.
- Coordinating with Technical Specialists to assist customers in successfully using our products.
- Three to five years of related job experience and technical aptitude related to industrial automation is required
- Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Knowledge of sales principles, tactics, and strategies
- Strong mechanical aptitude or interest in how things work
- Strong self-management skills, including a high degree of professionalism and dependability
- Ability to present information and sell products and services in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to manage and organize multiple priorities.
Genuine Cable Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Genuine Cable Group
BusinessView all jobs at Genuine Cable Group