Database Developer - Sacramento, CA
- Candidate must be able to pass a stringent criminal background check before starting work.
- Candidates must be able to interview via 9/16-9/20 and in person week of 9/23/19
- Candidates who can go full time with our Government client after the contract period, highly desired.
Our Government Client is seeking a consultant who can go full time after 6 months. Responsibilities include maintaining data collection and ETL processes, developing databases, building stored procedures, views, triggers to support database interactions, e.g. by applications or services. The Database Developer/Analyst works closely with all members of the Business Analysis and Applications Development Teams. A strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server databases, SSIS, and SSRS is needed. This position provides opportunities to contribute to the engineering of new systems and re-engineering of old ones.
DUTIES/Skills: (Must be able to perform the below)
- Develop complex data extracts, applications, and ad-hoc queries as requested by using SQL or SSIS.
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve data issues impacting extract delivery.
- Work within the project team to complete system analysis and application design.
- Work closely with Business Analysts to refine requirements, and ensure data quality.
- Collaborate on the definition, development, and maintenance of standards and processes.
- Must be proficient with T-SQL, and development of stored procedures.
- Report writing experience, preferably with SSRS.
- Drive continuous improvement and automation in BI solutions and processes.
- Work effectively with System Administrators, Project Manager(s), Developers and Management.
- Participate in a team development environment using the TFS source control system.
- Degree in Computer Science, business or related discipline.
- 4 years of experience with T-SQL, including stored procedure development
- Knowledge of data integration, e.g. extract, transform, and load (ETL) process development/support.
- Able to develop and troubleshoot reports delivered with SSRS; requires good analytical skills.
- Experience with data access performance tuning, and database performance optimization.
- Application Development Lifecycle knowledge and experience.
- Data transport protocols, e.g. SFTP, XML, and JDXDML.
- Experience with Case Management data and/or Call Center data.
- Documentation of system support information.
- Basic understanding of networking principles.
- Ability to analyze system resource usage and constraints.
- Strong communication skills; ability to interact at all levels including management.
- Works independently and follows through on assignments.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:* A background check is required.
* Telecommuting is not offered.
* This is a temporary, contractor position with the potential for full-time employment