The Director of Human Resources directs the planning, direction, and implementation of policies and activities in alignment with Company goals with the major areas directed including full cycle talent acquisition and retention plans, employment/licensing services, benefits, compensation administration, HRIS (Human Resources Information System) and employee wardrobe services. This position partners with department leadership, soliciting their input and feedback to ensure related policies, procedures and programs continuously meet Company objectives.
- Develops processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with broader business objectives.
- Utilizes a Human Resource Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR services that enable business success.
- Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives.
- Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance outcome or control cost.
- Assists with the Human Resources strategy and execution.
- Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and business needs.
- Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
- Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
- Determines staffing to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the property.
- Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
- Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
- Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
- Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation and work competitive environments.
- Create and implement total compensation management packages/offers, particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property priorities.
- Champion the communication and proper use of total compensation systems, tools, programs, policies, etc.
- Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the Human Resources staff members, as outlined in applicable job description(s).
- Ensures effective recruitment, hiring, training, recognition, coaching, and counseling and other personnel related matters are being handled appropriately throughout assigned departments
- Facilitates and ensures that performance reviews of all employees within department and the entire company are complete on a yearly basis.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Advance knowledge and strong background in Employment practices and policies
- Positive, professional and forthright manner of communication, with strong listening skills
- Works as a team in unison with all members of the human Resources Department team to ensure an efficiently organized and operated department
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions
- Strong organizational and leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and dedicated commitment to excellence
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Excellent oral and written skills.
· Ethical Conduct
· Strategic thinking
· Strong supervisory and communication skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Strong Organizational skills and demonstrated problem solving skills
· Previous experience in a union environment and working knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreements
· Must be 21 years or older
· BA/BS in Human Resources or related field (equivalent relevant experience may substitute for degree)
· Five (5) years of relevant quantifiable experience in Human Resources with a minimum of three (3) years at a manager or above level position in a customer centric organization
· Previous pre-opening/expansion experience managing an Employment Department in Hospitality/Gaming environment preferred
· Previous experience in a resort casino environment preferred
· Knowledge of local jurisdiction gaming laws (federal, state, etc.) and regulations as well as Company’s internal controls, policies and procedures
· Quantitative and effective management of an Employment Department in Hospitality/Gaming environment
· Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate license through the New York State Gaming Commission
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other Team Members or guests. Fluency in English required. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and maintains reports upon request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk or hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least fifteen (15) pounds, and prolonged sitting during the shift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by Team Members while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment varies. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud. When on the casino floor or other designated areas may be subjected to tobacco smoke. Must be able to handle intoxicated guests in a professional manner.
Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
The Company is committed to achieving full equal opportunity without discrimination based on race, religion, color, sex, national origin, politics, marital status, physical disability, age or sexual orientation or any other status protected by law. We welcome the strength of diversity in our workforce.
The Genting Group has five public companies listed on the stock exchanges of Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong, with a combined market capitalization of US$45 billion and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide.
Why Work Here?Genting Americas is a member of the Genting Group (www.genting.com), the world's largest Destination Resort operator with Resorts World branded properties in Malaysia, Singapore, Manila and New York City. In addition to Destination Resorts, the Genting Group has global investments in plantations, power generation, oil and gas, real estate, cruise, leisure and other industries. The Genting Group has five public companies listed on the stock exchanges of Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong, with a combined market capitalization of US$45 billion and employs more than 50,000 people worldwide.
High Growth company with a proven track record to launch a unique gaming/lodging product in an untapped NYC market