Gentex Manchester, NH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
GENTEX AT A GLANCE:
At Gentex Corporation, we’ve created an environment where great ideas and great people can thrive. Leveraging a history that spans over 125 years, Gentex is a global leader in personal protection and situational awareness solutions for defense forces, emergency responders, and industrial personnel operating in high performance environments. Join our multinational team of exceptional and dedicated employees around the world and work on challenging and rewarding projects, grow your skills, and advance your career all while making a positive difference in the lives of our customers. Together, you and Gentex can build a career that’s uniquely yours.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required
· B.S. 2 - 4-year business degree is preferred
· Requires 2-4 years in purchasing and procurement experience in a manufacturing setting
· Must have basic computer skills to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· MRP/ERP purchasing with MAPICS or other integrated system experience
· Expediting to meet deadlines
· Ability to thrive and multi task in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT THE JOB!
Directs and plans the purchasing and procurement of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the Electro Acoustics business group. Gentex offers a robust benefit package- including, but not limited to, medical coverages, 401k, paid time off and excellent work schedules
· Procurement of both MRO and direct materials to support production and engineering requirements
· Analyzes material requirements and places purchase orders for materials, services, and equipment as required to support production schedules
· Drive supplier performance metrics of quality and on time delivery
· Optimize utilization of ERP/MRP to support aggressive inventory reduction goals
· Solicits and evaluates proposals for the requested commodity
· Sourcing of new suppliers to support engineering and production requirements
· Advises team members or management on the appropriate supplier to be used
· Negotiates lowest possible cost to achieve cost savings initiatives
· Lead and / or support continuous improvement efforts within supply chain and operations
· Maintains a positive results-oriented attitude that promotes teamwork with peers, subordinates, & other support areas
· Assures that materials are delivered on schedule, at the negotiated price, and meets the quality standards of the company
· Maintains a timely control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other documents to assure accurate retention of records
· Schedule flexibility to support critical deadlines may be required
Gentex’s Manchester facility is located in southern New Hampshire. Manchester is the largest convention, sports, entertainment, and arts & cultural destination in New Hampshire. There is so much to do, see and experience in Manchester including major concerts and ECHL Hockey, AA minor league baseball, live performances at the historic Palace Theatre or exhibits at our renowned museums. Located in the heart of New England, Manchester is also conveniently located within an hour’s drive of Boston, an hour from the Atlantic Ocean and less than two hours from New Hampshire’s scenic White Mountains, Lake Winnipesaukee and the many other well-known vacation destinations in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts.
At Gentex, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Gentex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status or on the basis of disability. Gentex is an E-Verify Participant. Pre-employment drug/alcohol/background screening is required. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Gentex, please call our Human Resources department at (570) 282-3550.
BusinessView all jobs at Gentex