Gentex Manchester, NH
- Posted: 24 days ago
GENTEX AT A GLANCE:
At Gentex Corporation, we’ve created an environment where great ideas and great people can thrive. Leveraging a history that spans over 125 years, Gentex is a global leader in personal protection and situational awareness solutions for defense forces, emergency responders, and industrial personnel operating in high performance environments. Join our multinational team of exceptional and dedicated employees around the world and work on challenging and rewarding projects, grow your skills, and advance your career all while making a positive difference in the lives of our customers. Together, you and Gentex can build a career that’s uniquely yours.
· H.S. Diploma or equivalent
· Soldering experience is required
· Previous mechanical assembly experience required.
· Previous electrical assembly experience required
· Prior J-STD-001 experience preferred.
· Prior IPC-610-A solder inspection experience preferred.
ABOUT THE JOB!
The Assembler II position is responsible for building products in a fast-paced environment. This position is that of an electro-mechanical assembler, capable of following work instructions and engineering drawings in order to assembly situational awareness products of varying complexities.
Gentex offers a robust benefit package- including, but not limited to, medical coverages, 401k, paid time off and excellent work schedules including a 9/80 work week.
· Adhere to companies’ policies and procedures as directed.
· Assemble product correctly in a timely manner while ensuring product quality.
· Assemble product following work instructions and engineering drawings.
· Follow the direction of assigned line lead and supervisor in order to establish priorities.
· Function as a member of a high performing team to accomplish a common goal.
· Operates manual, semi-automated, automated and computer-based equipment as required.
· May be required to support other work cells or areas as necessary.
· Perform electrical assembly to J-STD-001 and IPC-610 standards and maintain certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Highly organized, self-starter with excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to follow work instructions and mechanical drawings.
· Ability to use basic hand tools and equipment safely.
· Ability to remain focused while performing repetitive tasks.
· Extreme dexterity while working with small components.
· Strong electrical assembly and soldering skills (wire wrap, through hole, and SMT).
· Cable assembly and preparation skills (stripping wire, tinning, etc)
Gentex’s Manchester facility is located in southern New Hampshire. Manchester is the largest convention, sports, entertainment, and arts & cultural destination in New Hampshire. There is so much to do, see and experience in Manchester including major concerts and ECHL Hockey, AA minor league baseball, live performances at the historic Palace Theatre or exhibits at our renowned museums. Located in the heart of New England, Manchester is also conveniently located within an hour’s drive of Boston, an hour from the Atlantic Ocean and less than two hours from New Hampshire’s scenic White Mountains, Lake Winnipesaukee and the many other well-known vacation destinations in Maine, Vermont and Massachusetts.
At Gentex, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Gentex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status or on the basis of disability. Gentex is an E-Verify Participant. Pre-employment drug/alcohol/background screening is required. If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Gentex, please call our Human Resources department at (570) 282-3550.
GentexWhy Work Here?
We have a 9/80 work week with every other Fridays off!
Leveraging an over 125-year history of product development and manufacturing innovation, quality, and performance, Gentex Corporation is dedicated to improving personal protection and situational awareness for global defense forces, emergency responders, and industrial personnel operating in high performance environments.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Gentex