As Emerging Talent Program Manager you have an opportunity to make a transformative and lasting impact on our firm, by envisioning, designing, implementing and leading our engagement with our emerging talent.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating a vision for emerging talent attraction and acquisition for Gensler. Leveraging the firm's People First Philosophy, you will develop programs to attract early career talent, ensuring we have thoughtful diversity and inclusion programs to attract the best talent in the design and architectural industry, and developing a robust and continuous talent pipeline.
As the Emerging Talent Program Manager, you are responsible for leading the firm's portfolio of emerging talent programming such as: University Outreach, Scholarships, Internships, Licensure and first five year career pathing. You are responsible for the development of the portfolio of programs as well as program oversight, and the day-to-administration of the programs. This position is located within the Firmwide Organization + Talent Development Studio, in the Washington DC office.
What You Will Do
- Manage and drive Gensler's emerging talent programming and strategy for university outreach, scholarships, internships, licensure and early career pathing
- Support the regions across the firm in delivering best in class internship experience, intern to full-time hire conversion and licensure
- Continue to seek out new ways to enhance emerging talent programming and its value to the firm
- Develop and deploy a first five year career path program within the firm
- Work cross-functionally with community leads, university partners and external partners to continuously improve the effectiveness of portfolio programming to ensure we have thoughtful diversity and inclusion programs to attract the best talent in the design and architectural industry, and developing a robust and continuous talent pipeline
- Oversee the coordination of all supporting partners for the Brinkmann and Diversity Scholarship programs including collateral development, university partner outreach, application review, engaging the regional and executive juries, and Human Resources
- Manage relationships with external licensure organizations (IIDA, AIA, NCIDQ, USGBC, etc). Oversee the firm's CEU policies and processes
- Establish and track KPIs and ROI metrics for portfolio program
- Create new programs to address changing business needs
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8+ University Recruiting/Intern & co-op program leadership
- Experience in a professional service firm preferred
- Design Degree or work experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Demonstrated ability to vision, execute, and iterate, in the early-career space
- Proven coaching, developing and people management skills
- Discretion of solid judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrates open and inclusive mindset
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and demonstrates flexibility in adjusting priorities as business needs adjust
- Proficient using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email and tools as appropriate for managing the project
- Data driven, leverages KPIs and ROI metrics to drive efficiencies and outcomes
- Solid and persuasive verbal, written and consulting communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Ability to partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives
- Embraces the opportunity to venture into the unknown and define solutions to complex problems
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are committed to our people and seek to enjoy each other's company as we deliver best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.