A Communications Specialist is the key producer of materials that support Gensler's internal communications efforts, presentations needs and event support. They will also support our external communications with Gensler.com updates and client email campaigns as needed. They will work under the direction of the Regional Marketing Director and collaborate closely with the PR team and senior regional leaders to write, design and produce email communications, presentations and other communications materials. They offer an understanding of Gensler's core business, an affinity for our clients' world, and are supporting our Communities of Leadership (Offices, Design Synergy, Client Relationships, and Practice Areas).
What You Will Do
A Communications Specialist is responsible for the success of internal and external communications efforts:
- Provide strategic and creative support for our regional internal communications programs, as well as Gensler events, regional retreats and firmwide meetings
- Work closely with regional leaders on the development of presentations for speaking engagements and Gensler events and conferences
- Write copy and design collateral as needed for conference agendas, handouts, intranet posts, and other presentations
- Work closely with Marketing Director, PR team, and regional leaders on internal email communications
- Write internal and external new hire announcements for senior strategic hires
- Plan and execute Gensler-hosted thought leadership and client events; lead event planning team, oversee event logistics, manage event communication, and execute event follow-up
- Concept, write, and design new material as needed to support practice area marketing and Gensler.com
- Work with Southwest regional offices to provide communications assistance as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 3-5+ years of experience, preferably for a design or professional services firm
- Strong graphic skills for the creation of custom presentations
- High level of competency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience managing communications projects independently, working closely with senior staff on presentations
- Great collaborator who works well with senior staff and marketers to develop collateral that supports storytelling
- Confident, able to communicate and work with all levels of Gensler colleagues, clients and external parties
- Good organization skills and attention to details; ability to prioritize, work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our teams' diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes.We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.