Security Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
If you’re an IT Professional looking for exponential career growth and development, you are going to love working at Gensco!
Gensco has an immediate opening for a Security Support Specialist based out of our corporate headquarters in Tacoma, WA!
This position is required to be fully onsite in Tacoma for training, but is then eligible for a hybrid schedule once training has been completed.
Schedule Monday-Friday Day Shift
Full Time - Pay Range $65,500-$95,000 annually based on experience
What Gensco Can Offer You as a Team Member
- You won’t be just a number
- Skip the commute with remote and hybrid opportunities that work for your schedule
- Plenty of upward mobility and training
- Be a part of a diverse team with a multitude of skillsets and talents
- Work in a collaborative environment, whether you’re working onsite or remotely
- Hone your skills by working on creative internal applications
What You’d Be Doing as a Security Support Specialist
- Ensure secure operation of the in-house computer systems, servers, and network connections. This includes checking server and firewall logs, scrutinizing network traffic, establishing and updating virus scans, and troubleshooting
- Oversee the testing and failover operations of the disaster recovery and backup environment
- Analyze and resolve security vulnerability issues in a timely and accurate fashion and conduct user audits where required
- Lead all security initiatives and implementation of security-related tools and safety measures
The Company You’d Be Supporting
Gensco, Inc. is a successful HVAC wholesale distributor and manufacturer doing business in the Pacific Northwest for over 70 years. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service and value to our customers and providing opportunity and job satisfaction for our 1,000+ Team Members throughout Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, and Alaska.
Gensco’s Mission: “Provide all of our customers with quality products and services the first time, every time, and to provide all Team Members opportunity and job satisfaction.”
- Degree in Information Technology with a focus on cybersecurity or equivalent work experience preferred
- Certifications such as CCISP, CISM, and/or Security+ would be a bonus
- Broad hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols
- Hands-on experience with devices such as hubs, switches, and routers
- Knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection
- Intuition and keen instincts to pre-empt attacks
Our team members enjoy excellent wages and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include health care coverage, LTD, 401k Profit Sharing Retirement plan, paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick leave.
Come join our successful Team! Gensco is an EOE.
For an opportunity to join our winning team, please apply online at https://gensco.applytojob.com/
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Gensco
Get fresh Growth Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.