Genosity is seeking a highly motivated and technology-savvy scientist to join our laboratory team. This individual will be charged with implementing new next-generation sequencing assays as well as running existing validated assays using manual and automated methods while following established policies and procedures in a professional manner. Successful candidate must be passionate about wet-lab driven experimentation to find innovative solutions to development hurdles.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform variety of routine and non-routine laboratory experiments including DNA/RNA isolation, NGS library preparations and sequencing using various techniques and platforms, and subsequent data analysis
- Design, set up and execute experiments to implement new assays in the lab
- Keep detailed records of high quality, reproducible experiments to share with team and customers
- Adhere to quality control policies; documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, reagent preparation and testing, and instrument maintenance performed.
- Take initiatives to conceive, design and carry-out hypothesis driven feasibility experiments, understanding both theoretical and practical aspects of the experimental design
- Bachelors or Masters in Molecular Biology or related field
- 2-4 years of training and/or work experience in genomics lab operations
- Extensive hands-on, state-of-the-art molecular biology experience
- Track-record of working with novel NGS and/or microarray assays
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Health, dental, vision
- Casual environment
- Opportunity to experience start-up culture
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.