REMOTE FL Pharmacy Technician - Patient Care Center
GeniusRx Boca Raton, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
The primary function of the Pharmacy Technician (Patient Care Technician) is assisting customers in pricing medications and placing new and refill orders for our customer’s prescriptions all under the immediate supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private, and confidential materials. An ability to maintain the highest level of confidence is required with zero tolerance.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Answer incoming customer calls to provide prescription pricing, place new and refill orders, and provide order status updates to customers.
- Process prescription requests: inputting patient demographic information and prescriptions in applicable systems as required.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for customers and/or healthcare providers to ensure the completion of pharmacy orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Ability to maintain established call center metrics with a goal of first contact resolution.
- Follow all policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Protect customer information in accordance with state and federal laws including HIPAA law.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current, Active and Clear Florida Pharmacy Technician registration
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to perform in a fast paced/high volume call center environment
- Ability to multi-task among several different computer systems while speaking on the phone
- Perform detailed tasks at a high level of quality
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and email applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with customers
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug screening test
- Must have availability to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as additional shifts may be added based on business needs.
- PTCB Certification a plus
- Spanish-speaking a plus
- High School diploma or equivalency
- 2+ years in a high-volume retail pharmacy environment
- McKesson system experience preferred
- Ability to sit for extended periods throughout the day
- Ability to take back-to-back phone calls with the use of a headset
- Remote (Temporarily due to COVID-19)
- No contact closed door pharmacy
- This Full-Time position is on a rotating schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays
Working at GeniusRx means that you are working for a diverse, passionate, team-driven group of people that are dedicated to making pharmacy personal again and are on a mission to disrupt the virtual pharmacy industry. We believe in cultivating an environment of bravery, kindness, and transparency which allows for a welcoming employee experience.
We encourage a healthy work/life balance and encourage our employees to take care of themselves by utilizing our comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid time off benefits, wellness programs, social events, and much more!