Principal Network Engineer (SD-WAN) - Global IT *REMOTE*
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Principal Network Engineer – Global IT Engineering
About this opportunity:
GenesisCare is looking for a senior technology professional to join the Global IT engineering organization tasked with building and maintaining the global network footprint. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of global network technologies and philosophies. The role will be focused on solutioning environments that operate in a stable and consistent manner and adhere to all architectural (internal), regulatory and industry standards.
This position is a principal role and will be responsible for owning the migration to a standardized network environment. The role includes mentoring both the junior engineers as well as all teams responsible for the execution of the network engineering initiatives.
Your key responsibilities:
- Design, engineer and implement standardized network systems focusing on security and best practices ensuring that high levels of uptime are achieved.
- Work to lead a globally based network engineering team at a principal level.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the functionality, performance, stability and security of existing networks, continuously assessing systems, processes and procedures for possible improvements.
- Ensure all existing networks operate in a stable manner to minimize system issues and overall production impact.
- Work with the architecture team to strategize and develop the overall architectural rules to be adhered to globally.
- Ensure all networks meet security requirements including documenting and engineering strategies to address risks.
- Develop and manage monitoring coverage of all network components, coordinating change and adjustment to keep all network platforms operational.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Networking Certifications: CCIE, CCNP, CCSP, etc. (Preferred).
- 10+ years’ in network engineering roles and managing networks at an enterprise level.
- 5+ years’ experience managing networking initiatives at a principal level.
- 10+ years’ experience working with service provider as well as enterprise class routers, switches and firewalls and multiple routing protocols.
- Deep understanding of enterprise network architecture and solutioning.
- Strong understanding of data center engineering as it pertains to network connectivity and physical architecture.
- Solid understanding of enterprise system engineering philosophies and protocols.
- Foundational understanding of SD-WAN architecture, engineering and management.
Technical & Systems Experience
- Enterprise class routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers (Cisco, Fortinet, Arista).
- Centralized and field networking experience at an enterprise level (data center, office, clinic/retail/hospitality unit, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6) as well as DNS and DHCP fundamentals
- Cloud networking tools and principles (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Firewall ACL engineering and management at an enterprise level.
- Deep understanding of network monitoring tools (SolarWinds, LogicMonitor, etc.)
- Experience with Fortinet network devices and architecture (preferred)
- Experience with Arista network devices and architecture (preferred)
- General understanding in Linux/Windows including scripting experience
Across the world, we have more than 440 centers offering the latest treatments and technologies that have been proven to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. For radiation therapy, that includes over 130 centers in the U.S. as well as 14 centers in the U.K., 21 in Spain and 36 in Australia. We also offer urology and pulmonology care in the U.S. in over 170 integrated medical offices. Every year our team sees more than 400,000 people globally.
Our purpose is to design care experiences that get the best possible life outcomes. Our goal is to deliver exceptional treatment and care in a way that enhances every aspect of a person’s cancer journey.
Joining the GenesisCare team means a commitment to seeing and doing things differently. People centricity is at the heart of what we do—whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner, or someone in our team. We aim to build a culture of ‘care’ that is patient focused and performance driven.
GenesisCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion.
TechnologyView all jobs at GenesisCare, USA