Genesis10 is actively seeking a Technical Support Specialist for a client in the financial industry located in Kansas City, MO. This is a direct hire/full time position.
This position requires working weeknights (ie: until 7:00-8:00 PM), working some Saturdays, and occasional after hours (on-call) support.
Provides tier-two technical and testing support for Client customers across all electronic access platforms. Promptly identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves intermediate to complex end-user computer software, hardware, and networking issues.
- Provide tier one and tier two support for customer service representatives/internal bank associates and external support for bank’s largest customer.
- Technical support includes network connectivity and/or other issues related to browser configuration, software, firewalls, middleware installation and configuration (primarily Connect: Direct and MQ), VPN/router installation and configuration, etc.
- Researches complex customer inquiries using a variety of tools and resources.
- Participates in and supports moderately complex System-level projects, such as implementation/upgrades of end-user hardware and software.
- Utilizes on-site lab to emulate customer environment for troubleshooting purposes.
- Utilizes on-site lab to test new products and service offerings, including cloud-based services
- Create and maintain technical cloud documentation for designs
- Develop cloud based testing use cases and detailed testing plans that map to the documented business and technical requirements, complies with Client security specifications and policies and industry standard / generally accepted testing practices. Coordinate technical and end-user resources to execute detailed tests and analyze testing results.
- Document and communicate issues, solutions, and timelines to appropriate stakeholders.
- Provides testing support to bank’s customers during evenings and on Saturdays, as needed.
- Creates, updates, and maintains procedures/documentation.
- Represents the Customer Contact Center on high severity system-level outage calls.
- Provides rotational, after hours (on-call) support, as needed.
- Associate's degree from a two-year college or technical school or equivalent combination of education and/or work related experience. Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Server Operating System Administration certification(s), or completion of classes toward applicable server operating system administration certifications preferred.
- At least two years of experience with network administration and user support.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple hardware/software platforms and applications.
- Strong initiative, analytical skills, and customer service skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp in depth understanding of procedures and automated systems.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate technical concepts to end-users.
- Position requires working weeknights (e.g., until 7:30 PM CT), working some Saturdays, and occasional after hours (on-call) support.
- Prefer Networking certification(s), Active Directory certification(s), Server Operating System Administration certification(s), or completion of classes toward related certifications.
- Preferred working knowledge of cloud based platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Preferred certifications include: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), CCNA Cloud, Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT), Comp TIA Network+, etc.
United States citizenship is required for this position.
Only W2 candidates will be considered for this position. (no third parties)
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”