- Performs a variety of highly responsible, confidential and complex technical and specialized duties and tasks to facilitate and manage the projects enterprise risk management function. Reports to the Director of Risk Management.
- Oversees various project risk control boards. Manages the function of risk coordinators and/or risk audit team. Assesses risks to business operations, develops or implements risk-assessment models or methodologies and produces reports or presentations that outline findings, explains risk positions or recommends changes.
- Assists in identifying key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases or industry segments. Prepares financial documents, reports and budgets. Develops risk mitigation plans that identify, evaluate, select and implement options to set risk at acceptable levels given program constraints and objectives.
- Maintains input and data quality of risk management systems. Quantifies risk using statistical analysis software or econometric models and provide modeling advice. Answers queries on subjects such as risk exposure, market scenarios or values-at-risk calculations. Develops contingency plans to deal with organizational emergencies. Evaluates applicable laws and regulations to determine impact on organizational activities and prepare regulatory or compliance documentation.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy, diplomacy, proficiency and confidentiality. Ability to work, problem-solve and exercise independent judgment; interpret information and formulate action steps. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees of all levels while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy. Ability to conduct or facilitate training and educational programs related to risk control. Knowledge of standard practices in human resource related to risk management.
- Associates degree in management, human resources, risk management, or related field required, bachelor’s degree preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Two years of recent, full-time increasingly specialized risk control experience. Any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Shipbuilding industry experience a plus.
Genesis Technical Staffing, Inc.
Why Work Here?Genesis Technical Industrial Staffing, Inc., provides proven staffing solutions for the professional work environment. We offer more than 30 years’ experience in matching the most qualified engineering, design, and technical talent with the most innovative industrial, engineering, and technical companies. Our unique approach is based on integrity, honesty, and the sincere desire to foster mutually beneficial relationships. At Genesis, your success is our success.
We strive to be a blessing in everything we do!