Genesis Technical Staffing is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for a long term, full-time position in Arlington, VA.
- Works independently (with minimal supervision), or on project teams
- Able to manage small to medium marine engineering projects
- Able to manage cost, schedule and technical product development
- Able to supervise junior and mid-level staff on projects or teams
- Performs complex analyses, calculations and develops drawings and engineering sketches to suit formal drawing development
- Performs quality assurance reviews of complex analyses, calculations and drawings developed by all staff
- Interfaces with the client at peer level
- Perform engineering and sizing of auxiliary machinery piping systems for early concept, preliminary, functional and detail design phases
- Direct interface with entry, mid-level engineers and design department leads.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education in Mechanical or Marine Engineering
- At least 8 years of professional naval marine engineering experience.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard Mechanical or Marine system design and analysis software tools.
- Proficiency in using MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or other CAD type software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with propulsion engineering, including trade-off studies, shafting, bearing, gear selection is beneficial.