Genesis Technical Services is hiring a Marine Estimator for a Direct opportunity in Pascagoula, MS
Experience m construction site, manpower and equipment requirements, fabrication of piping, structure, vessels etc., NDT and quality control system & heavy lifts. Deriving quantities from the drawings, coordination with the vendors, subcontractors, clients and consultants. Compilation of Technical & Commercial Bids. Conversant with Project Planning, Costing, MIS reporting and system software's such as Primavera, M.S. Project, Open Plan.
Needed: Minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Material or Marine Estimator.
Four (4) year College degree or equivalent job training/experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for overall development of cost estimates including, but not limited to, project management, engine ring, fabrication n, manufacturing, assembly, installation, testing, commissioning, training, warranty, and project close out support activities.
Performs under the general direction of the Division Estimating Manager
- Ability to organize complex bid efforts without supervision including reviewing customer specification and drawing packages to support overall estimate plans.
- Competently reviews highly complex specifications and drawings in order to formulate itemized work descriptions.
- Review the drawings /scope of work and formulate the quantum of work. Competent in all craft disciplines for estimating labor for production, as well as engineering, and support departments.
- Identify the resource requirements in line with construction/fabrication productivities and the project scope.
Develops subcontract and major material solicitations & coordinates with Engineering and Contracts departments for technical and commercial evaluations
- Develops subcontract and major material solicitations & coordinates with Engineering and Contracts departments for technical and commercial evaluations.
Identify the detailed material requirement and obtain competitive prices.
- Assigns production man-hours and material costs to each work item within a project. Summarizes applicable engineering and indirect costs for each work item to determine total project cost.
- Provide the inputs and direct the planning group to prepare the preliminary project schedule.
- Prepare estimation I project summary for management review.
- Compile and prepare technical and commercial proposals.
- Ability to make high-level decisions and complete in depth research h.
Supervisors lower level Marine Estimators in large or complex projects and is responsible for review and final summary of projects as presented to the Estimating Manager.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Genesis Technical Staffing, Inc.
Why Work Here?Genesis Technical Industrial Staffing, Inc., provides proven staffing solutions for the professional work environment. We offer more than 30 years’ experience in matching the most qualified engineering, design, and technical talent with the most innovative industrial, engineering, and technical companies. Our unique approach is based on integrity, honesty, and the sincere desire to foster mutually beneficial relationships. At Genesis, your success is our success.
We strive to be a blessing in everything we do!