Genesis Technical Staffing is hiring for an Engineering Lead in the Marine Industry. This is a contract to direct assignment in Pascagoula, MS.
Summary of Position:
· Accountable for the content of design deliverables and responsible for technical accuracy. Reports directly to the Chief Engineer and works under the general direction of the Chief Engineer and Program Engineer for the specifically assigned project
· Responsible for the scope and schedule of required deliverables per assigned project.
· Responsible for technical content/quality and continuous process improvement.
· Responsible for coordinating and tasking subcontractors with reference to their deliverables within the schedule per assigned project.
· Responsible for supporting the procurement solicitation of materials with purchasing, as well as support in developing scope of work for quotations.
· Coordinates all subcontractor design efforts according to the terms and conditions of a contract. Responsible for overseeing department goals are implemented on the assigned projects.
· Ability to communicate on all levels with program engineers, procurement specialists, design engineers and production personnel to ensure all program requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the dictates of the project schedule.
· Responsible for preparing, overseeing, and assigning design calculations and drawing development to support function goals within the program.
· Responsible for the status and progress of assigned functional work.
· Good understanding of all phases of procuring activities for marine products, industry regulations, and company standards. Understanding of scheduling and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
· Experienced in interacting with production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufactures.
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees, customers, and subcontractors. Knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite.
· Strong working knowledge of maritime regulatory authorities (i.e. ABS, DNV, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.).
· Possesses a thorough understanding of vessel design such as structure, hull, outfitting, mechanical systems, marine systems and machinery, HVAC, auxiliary systems, propulsion, engines, pumps, shaft design and alignment, electrical, power generation/distribution, control systems, C4ISR, wire ways/cableways, lighting, and electrical general arrangement.
· Experience in Naval Architecture, Shipbuilding, and production processes.
· Knowledge of shipboard cybersecurity would be an advantage.
· Knowledge of EMI/EMC and/or TEMPEST would be an advantage.
· Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline field with a minimum of 12 years in shipyard design and/or construction experience or equivalent experience supplemented by training.
If interested in this position please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Genesis Technical Staffing, Inc.
Why Work Here?Genesis Technical Industrial Staffing, Inc., provides proven staffing solutions for the professional work environment. We offer more than 30 years’ experience in matching the most qualified engineering, design, and technical talent with the most innovative industrial, engineering, and technical companies. Our unique approach is based on integrity, honesty, and the sincere desire to foster mutually beneficial relationships. At Genesis, your success is our success.
We strive to be a blessing in everything we do!