Job Title: Security Guard
Location: Port Gibson, MS
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Control entry processing of all individuals into protected and vital areas of the plant by verifying identity and authorization to enter.
• Conduct personnel and vehicle searches that are required in accordance with the plant security requirements.
• Respond to intrusion alarms as directed by the response team leader or as a security officer on patrol.
• Deter attempts by unauthorized persons seeking to gain entry into protected or vital areas of the plant.
• Make scheduled and unscheduled patrols of the protected and vital areas of the plant.
• Report all observed security and safety violations.
• Keep a record of patrols.
• Secure, protect, and assist at accidents, fires, and similar areas of mishap until relieved.
• Perform as escort for persons or vehicles as required by the Security Plan.
• Conduct operational tests of intrusion detection, and contraband detection equipment according to documented procedures.
• Must be able to work a rotating 12-hour shift which includes holidays and weekends.
• Must be able to respond and report to work during emergency or other call-ins and work in adverse weather conditions.
Qualifications, Experience, & Physical Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 21 years of age.
• Must be able to pass an extensive criminal background check and previous employment screening check.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to comprehend and pass all tests in accordance with the Security Training and Qualification Plan.
• Must meet requirements of NRC psychological testing regulations.
• Must satisfy all nuclear regulatory elements to obtain and maintain unescorted access.
• Have physical stamina for walking, climbing, etc., as required in Nuclear Regulatory Commission Regulations.
• Demonstrate ability to understand and effectively react to situations of adversity with people and resolve them with tact, diplomacy, and courtesy.
• Commercial, military or law enforcement security experience.
• Technical understanding of nuclear generation principles and operation.
Genesis Industrial Staffing