Genesis HealthCare, a national leader in the healthcare industry with over 70,000 employees and 375+ facilities, is currently hiring a Care Transition Nurse/Clinical Hospital Liaison to drive and support the referral process for major accounts such as Washington Adventist Hospital in Takoma Park, MD.
This position provides the unique opportunity to leverage your clinical knowledge with your ability and desire to build relationships with patients, family members and key healthcare decision makers in the region. Make an immediate impact on the quality of life and care of those making critical post-acute care decisions.
In this highly visible and rewarding position you will:
1. Conduct pre-admission assessments to gather clinical and financial information in order to provide a quick response to patient referrals from hospital case managers, physicians and managed care organizations.
2. Collaborate with Discharge Planner(s) to prioritize referrals and identify patients for transition.
3. Encourage meaningful collaboration with hospital-based case managers on risk factors and care plans, expanding concentration of marketing focus on external relationship development beyond bed availability.
4. Identify new opportunities for growth partnering by promoting new service offerings, offer solutions for target populations, provide rationale for increased patient bed-side access to complete risk assessments and initiate care plan.
5. Educate hospital staff, including Emergency Department physicians, of nursing centers' clinical capabilities and appropriate patients for return to skilled nursing facility.
6. Visit patient/family bedside to complete assessments for risk identification and initiation of appropriate care plan.
7. Monitor business contacts, referrals, admissions, re-admissions and dispositions and communicate changes in trends or referral patterns to appropriate staff and management.
8. Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with state-specific Nurse Practice Act(s) and in accordance with basic principles and guidelines of professional nursing.
9. Maintain a working knowledge and adhere to applicable federal/state regulations including, but not limited to, laws related to patient confidentiality, release of information and HIPAA.
10. Interact in a manner which is professional, respectful, positive, customer-focused and which promotes trust.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:1. RN License in state in which employment occurs and willingness to obtain licensure in additional states requested, BSN preferred 2. Valid driver's license. 3. Five to seven years of recent clinical experience. 4. Expert working in automated, highly competitive environments navigating multiple applications to source patients, communicate acceptance and analyze case while synchronizing data in GHC internal systems to communicate internally regarding patient status. 5. Excellent written, verbal, listening, and communication abilities.
**Position Type:** Full Time
**Req ID:** 319816
**Center Name:** Genesis HealthCare
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, "Genesis") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.