Public Utilities Subject Matter Expert
- Expired: March 12, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
***No Third Parties***
***Local Candidates Preferred - must be able to work onsite as needed***
***Candidates must be able to work on a W2 salary basis***
The Public Utilities SME will be part of a team working to assist the client in choosing the software, service model, and system integrator for the successful implementation of an integrated, modern financial system which can be integrated with a native Customer Billing Information System and its related business software stack. Other duties include but may not be limited to:
- Provide technical and functional solutioning on water management projects
- Provide public utility expertise to lead software and technology solutions for moderately complex projects
- Demonstrate expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience to support the implementation of Financial and CIS capabilities. Potential applications include: AP, AR, Payroll, GL, Fixed Assets, Budgeting and Planning (Capital and Operational), Procurement, Human Resources (Recruitment, on-boarding, benefits and pay management), Lien Management System, Grants, Reporting self-service
- Review and comprehend the client’s technology and processes and provide recommendation on new streamlined processes and better utilization of technology.
- Provide information and recommendations regarding long-term strategic Information Technology solution(s)in the Finance/Accounting, Customer Relationship Management/Utility Billing, and Human Resource areas to enhance overall customer experience to achieve the vision of being a Digital Utility.
- Assist in acquisition planning to include requirements gathering, market research, preliminary risk analysis and procurement strategy (including potential site visits)
- Effectively consult with management of customer organization
- Work directly with client and business leads to ensure focus on business case objectives, leveraging best practice processes across the solution, and scope management
- Coordinate across delivery teams to ensure cohesive, consistent solutions and deliverables
- Provide utilities industry best practices and solutions
- Provide leadership to implementation teams by promoting consistency across the team, including methodology, deliverable templates, and terminology
- Knowledge sharing across peer groups
- Provide leadership and guidance in defining the overall solution landscape and strategy for our clients
- Partner with client and business leadership to educate their organization on key changes to current business processes
- 5+ years of Public Utilities experience, preferably in water and wastewater management
- 5+ years overall relevant professional experience, including experience in consulting and large-scale system implementations
- Experience working at a Utility or with Utilities implementing or supporting core system technologies
- Experience with Financial Systems and a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- No required certifications
- SAFe, Agile certifications desired
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Genesis Consulting Partners, LLC
Energy and Environment
Get fresh Part Time Subject Matter Expert jobs daily straight to your inbox!