Key Responsibilities: Reporting to the SVP of Product Management within our Technology team, you will help us revolutionize the approach of delivering a new product initiative. You will own the development and delivery of new & existing products & platforms and act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of the product portfolio and strategy. You will be responsible for setting vision/direction for your own product areas, along with ongoing development and delivery of product/service road maps; working with horizontal cross-functional teams to deliver highly competitive and differentiated offerings in a timely manner. You will take the ownership of new platforms and individual products. Working with senior leadership, stakeholders, subject matter experts and end users, you will determine specific business needs and product requirements that will act as the blueprint for software development. You will work with Associate Product Managers and a cross functional team (dev ops, IT, sales, credit, risk, operations, compliance and legal) to ensure end-user buyoff before implementation. Working with Assoc. PMs & engineering (internal & external), you will provide UI/UX guidance, product release planning, development oversight, user acceptance testing, feature sell-in & rollout, and ensure positive customer experiences & success metrics. This is a complex, and challenging role that will require the right mix of product management, project management and relationship management.
- Thoroughly understand business requirements and market needs.
- Work with key stakeholders across functional disciplines to design useful and delightful solutions.
- Set the vision for products/product areas and drive end-to-end execution with cross-functional teams Generate product strategy, build roadmaps, and collaborate with designers to deliver exceptional UX solutions.
- Be the visionary thoughtful leader that can bring together multiple points of views and align on logical decisions with speed
- Someone with adequate attention to detail yet ability to manage direct and indirect team members effectively via coaching, mentoring and motivation
- Provide thought-leadership in identifying and prioritizing product features
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for own product roadmaps; identifying customer pain points – converting them into user stories – prioritizing them in sequence for scrum teams for own product/service
- Play the role of ScrumMaster and work with technical leads to optimize resource utilization and maximize ROI for the product and the company.
- Work directly with external and internal engineering teams to develop and deliver products.
- When required, ability to take a hands-on approach to product development and operational monitoring and product release activities
- Provide operational direction to the cross-functional team (such as program management, marketing, Engineering, customer support, finance, etc.) on a day-to-day basis, defining the critical priorities for the teams
- Lead the specific product/service releases in collaboration with marketing, sales and engineering counterparts
- Manage expectations, set realistic goals with stakeholders and achieve them
- Communicate issues and seek support in a timely manner to eliminate roadblocks and drive collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment
- Contribute actively to innovation. Drive the development of business cases for concepts that warrant investment potential related to own product/service or transformation of existing products/services
- Contribute creatively to broader team and participate in team’s innovation and new/transformational concept development activities and drive greater employee engagement
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher is required for this position. MBA preferred.
- At least 7+ years of management experience related to a product management or management consulting experience or strategy experience at major technology companies
- 3+ years’ experience as a Sr. Product Manager
- Portfolio of shipped software that demonstrates excellence in user experience design, wire framing, and quantitative as well as qualitative user research.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business needs and recommend effective process/technology solutions based on data and critical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage stakeholders and deliver presentations at all levels of the organization, from C-suite to junior staff.
- 4+ years’ experience with Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate epics and user stories in a product backlog through backlog grooming, story decomposition (splitting), exposition, and other standard Agile/Scrum product management practices.
- Strong executive presence and leadership skills. Self-starter with a deep passion and motivation to drive growth in existing and new products
- Ownership and “can do” attitude with the passion to own and drive execution. Proven track record of launching great products working with large cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
- Solid business acumen and analytical ability to guide product to achieve business goals. Ability to perform a range of business analytics ranging from problem/root cause identification to modeling new business economics
- Experience in creation of enterprise web platforms.
- Flexibility & ability to adapt to nimble environments and changing demands (e.g. experience within startups and/or vendor position working directly with clients.)
- Experience using Jira product management software
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) and/or Certified ScrumMaster (CSM).
- Finance industry experience with compliance, credit underwriting, loan origination, document management systems, accounting systems, etc.
- Familiarity with User-Centered Design or Scenario-Focused Engineering methodologies and practices such as User Story Mapping, Proto-Persona development, etc.