Genesis Capital is currently seeking a experienced, Associate Counsel to join our team in Sherman Oaks, CA.
The Associate Counsel is responsible for providing in-house corporate counsel and legal services to the company. This person will work on all legal aspects related to commercial financing transactions for residential real estate (including construction and bridge loans), as well as oversee drafting, review and negotiations of loan documents, mortgages and other agreements. This person will also work with outside counsel that specializes in different areas of law, on as needed basis. The ideal candidate will have to be able to work in an entrepreneurial fast paced environment and navigate through corporate legal issues by bringing a wealth of legal knowledge and wisdom to the organization, while legal due diligence, complex real estate business transactions and critical loan agreement drafting will be key areas of responsibility..
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a juris doctor (JD) from an ABA accredited law school.
- Must be a member in good standing of CA Bar Association and have 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in-house preferred with emphasis on real estate finance.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating and managing a wide range of loan transactions.
- Ability to research legal and business issues.
- Outstanding writing, presentation, public speaking & communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and solid business instinct and judgment.
- Strong collaborative skills, able to build partnerships and alliances internally and with external partners at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
The Associate Counsel will report directly to the General Counsel but will also work with the business and credit personnel on a regular basis. This is a great opportunity to join a smart, driven team of professionals!