Research Associate (In Vivo/Animal Science)
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Invivotek LLC, a member of the Genesis Biotechnology Group, is a Contract Research Organization focusing on phenotypic characterization of genetically modified mice and rats and in vivo pharmacology studies, with the emphasis on immunology, oncology, metabolic and neurodegenerative disease.
We are seeking a motivated and talented Research Associate to develop and perform in vivo and in vitro bioassays on mice and rats. The Research Associate should have excellent skills in basic rodent procedures. Rodent surgery skills are a plus. Experience with biochemical and tissue culture techniques is a plus. Excellent communication and computer skills and motivation to learn new assays are essential. Ability to work in a highly interactive and multidisciplinary team environment.
- Perform in vivo assays and other bioassays in mice for validation of potential drug development targets and to characterize pharmacological compounds.
- Independently conduct experiments and analyze data.
- Suggest and implement modifications to the experimental procedures and data analyses to increase data reliability and time efficiency.
- Operate and maintain the relevant equipment.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Weekend and holiday work may be assigned. Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences with a minimum of 1 to 2 years experience with in vivo mouse and/or rat biology is required. Biochemical and Molecular Biology skills is a plus.
- Ability to read, write and interpret technical procedures and scientific articles.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present experimental methods, results and issues to supervisor and team members.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as dosages, concentrations, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Basic knowledge of biostatistics is required.
- Requires independent scientific reasoning in an experimental setting such as the ability to solve practical problems and propose ways of controlling for experimental variables.
- Must be able to follow established protocols
- Must be proficient in use of standard computer applications, including word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheet, presentation software, etc.
- Basic knowledge of information technologies is required, familiarity with Visual Basic for macro writing is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of mouse physiology and experience with in vivo mouse procedures are required.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Legal Plan & Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holiday & Sick Time
- Business Casual Environment
- Credit Union
Visit us at http://www.invivotek.com/
Invivotek, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
development, manufacturing and distribution of unique biotechnology-based products.
Genesis Hospitality is a collection of restaurants and bars, historical inns and event spaces, bakeries, and boutique hotels. We are committed to crafting exceptional experiences for our guests. Whether it's fine dining with a breathtaking wine list or a casual slice of pizza, we’re happy to deliver with excellent service and our signature warmth.
Genesis Biotechnology Group
17 Black Forest RdTrenton, NJ
ScienceView all jobs at Genesis Biotechnology Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?