- Posted: 4 days ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical,
Lambertville Station Inn, a member of Genesis Hospitality, is an upscale venue seeking an experienced Sous Chef to support the culinary operations at our landmark restaurant located in Lambertville, New Jersey for over 38 years.
Please visit www.lambertvillestation.com for a comprehensive introduction to our property.
Manage the kitchen staff in the daily production, preparation, and presentation of all food for the restaurant and room service in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products. Position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the kitchen, monitors food and labor costs and assists Executive Chef in creating and implementing menu and production changes. Candidate must be passionate about cuisine, hospitality and service and have strong organizational and time management skills. Candidate should be self-motivated and hardworking individual. A positive attitude, commitment to the success of the team and to exceed guests’ expectation are essential. Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Be Serve Safe Certified.
- Have knowledge of allergies and dictating needs.
- Maintain complete knowledge of an ensure associate compliance with all departmental policies and procedures.
- Train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Establish the day’s priorities and assign production and preparation tasks for staff to execute.
- Create daily menu specials and receive feedback from Executive Chef.
- Review banquet event orders and make note of any changes.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
- Requisition the day’s supplies and ensure that they are received and stored correctly.
- Communicate needs with purchasing and storeroom personnel. Ensure quality of products received.
- Meet with the Steward to review equipment needs, banquet plate up assistance, cleaning schedule/project status, health/safety, and sanitation.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled, document any late or absent employees.
- Ensure that each kitchen work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies and equipment to meet the business demand.
- Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guidelines, according to department standards.
- Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Medical insurance
- Paid time off for vacation, sick time
- Eligible to participate in the company’s 401(k) program with employer matching
- Discounts on Hotels, Restaurants
development, manufacturing and distribution of unique biotechnology-based products.
Genesis Hospitality is a collection of restaurants and bars, historical inns and event spaces, bakeries, and boutique hotels. We are committed to crafting exceptional experiences for our guests. Whether it's fine dining with a breathtaking wine list or a casual slice of pizza, we’re happy to deliver with excellent service and our signature warmth.
Genesis Biotechnology Group
FoodView all jobs at Genesis Biotechnology Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?