*POTENTIAL QUARTERLY INCENTIVE BONUS
Location: Littlefield Ave., San Francisco, CA 94080
*You may be eligible to receive a Sign-On-Bonus of $250 after successfully completing 90 days of employment with Genesis.
Hours: Approximately 35 hours a week Monday - Saturday; Start time: 6:00 am or 9:00 am through mid-afternoon
This position will also be required to work additional nearby job sites; with mileage reimbursement.
Resource Recovery is the selective extraction of disposed materials for a specific next use. The Resource Recovery Specialist performs services to help ensure that regulated waste at client's facilities is properly handled, containerized, accumulated, packaged and disposed of. The Specialist performs a variety of operational tasks related to non-hazardous and hazardous waste materials management which include waste control, safety, waste reduction/material conservation, environmental protection and reporting. Janitorial Experience (A Plus!)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Identify and separate disposed materials in accordance with California State regulations and client’s procedures
· Identify non-compliant material and take proper course of action
· Maintain collection areas in accordance with California State Regulations and client’s procedures
· Keep receptacles secured to prevent unauthorized access
· Move materials as needed. This may involve use of pallet jack, dollies and other necessary equipment
· Conduct inspections of receptacles and accumulation areas to ensure requirements are followed
· Order new accumulation containers as required.
· Initiate pickup request when receptacles are at or near capacity
· Maintain a detail log as instructed by supervisor
· Report exceptions to Supervisor and Client management
· Assures Methods and Procedures used in inspecting, identifying and correcting conditions are strictly followed as determined by Operations management.
· Responsible for storing and securing all Company and client’s tools, materials and equipment
· Responsible for daily inspections of all equipment including but not limited to operations, effectiveness and cleanliness.
· Submission of all reports upon completion of each site
· Attend all safety meetings scheduled by operations management
· Responsible for maintaining maximum number of monthly deviations set by operations management
· Other Duties as assigned
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A valid driver’s or a reliable transportation is required in order to travel between customer sites.
· Must be punctual, dependable and flexible;
· Must be able to work Weekends, Holidays and additional hours as needed
· Must be able to adhere to all safety policies and procedure at all times, including but not limited to wearing steel-toe shoes or boots and all PPE (Personal Protection Equipment)
Educational Requirements (include years of experience, required certifications, etc.) :
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Environmental or Janitorial experience preferred but not required.
· Ability to bend, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk and stoop for extended length of time.
· Ability to lift 25 pounds
· Ability to work outdoors and in extreme climates