We have a Contract role Linux BI Administrator our client Franklin Lakes, NJ. Please let me know if you or any of your friends would be interested in this position.
The Position title:
Linux BI Administrator -10059417- Franklin Lakes, NJ
Position Title: Linux BI Administrator
Work Location: 100 Parsons Pond Rd, Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
Project Duration: 6 Months (High Possibility of Extension)
The Business Intelligence Administrator will serve as a key member of the Enterprise Reporting Platforms team. This role will primacy focus on supporting Tableau, Alteryx and Open Source Visualization platforms primarily in Linux environment. The candidate will be responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the BI Applications such as Tableau and Alteryx in the shared environment.
- Installation, migration, configuration, maintenance, technical support and troubleshooting of Business Intelligence Platforms in Linux and MS Windows environment.
- Responsible for server maintenance/Upgrades and validation after patches
- Perform and support in Change management for software and hardware upgrades
- Work with various cross-functional technology teams for firewall changes, security updates, bug fixes, monitoring and performance tuning of BI Tools (scaling, clustering, Load balancing)
- Build and Monitor server usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements for BI Applications (Administrative Views for Tableau, Server Usage Report for Alteryx Server…)
- Linux or UNIX server setup, deployment, and maintenance
- Proficiency with any scripting languages (powershell, perl, python)
- Involve in POC for open source BI tools and propose ideas to expand overall team’s skillsets
- Assist business stakeholders for managing user and group permissions, Workbooks and Projects, Database Views, Data Sources and Data Connections
- Manage and support migration of objects (reports, workbooks, dashboards), from development to production environments
- Document best practices for development and administration of the Tableau/Alteryx platform
- Contribute to architecture and capacity planning activities
- Required to monitor/Handle Tableau and Alteryx services during servers’ maintenance
- Configure/Optimize Servers settings. Apply trace logs on servers in case of troubleshooting complex incidents
- Troubleshooting dashboards issues, system slowness. Create ODBC, OLE connections for SQL DB servers and Implement Firewall rules on Business Intelligence processing servers
- Provide off-hours and weekend support in an on-call rotation
List 3-5 Required Skills:
- 5-8 year’s relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Must have recent hands on experience with Linux System Administration
- Strong Technical knowledge and development experience of 5+ years with Tableau and/or other BI Platforms.
- Tableau and Alteryx Server implementations on Linux and Windows Servers
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Deep knowledge of Tableau and/or SAP BO Server architecture
- Self-starter and motivated
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and include posting 20-00445 in your application. Also, you can call us at # 630 576 1905 to discuss this position in detail.
About Generis Tek:
Generis Tek is a boutique IT/Professional staffing based in Chicagoland. We offer both Contingent Labor & Permanent placement services to several Fortune 500 clients Nationwide.
Our philosophy is based on delivering long-term value and build lasting relationships with our clients, consultants and employees. Our fundamental success lies in understanding our clients’ specific needs and working very closely with our consultants to create a right fit for both sides. We aspire to be our client’s most trusted business partner.