The primary purpose of this position is to assist Generations Federal Credit Union to live out its Mission, Do the Right Thing, by providing remarkable service to both external members and internal members. Responsible for providing exceptional service levels, ensuring members fully understand our products and services, that every opportunity is taken to understand our members needs and that they understand all benefits associated with banking with GFCU.
- Ensure each and every member is provided with exceptional service levels. Ensures members fully understand our products and services and that every opportunity is taken to understand our member’s needs and ensure they understand all benefits associated with banking with GFCU.
- Assists members with opening of new accounts and maintenance of existing accounts. Works to understand the members’ needs and the way they bank through effective questioning; building professional relationships with members that supports helping them with their financial needs, now and in the future.
- Fully understands the details of all loan products available to members in our branches, including secured loans. Provides accurate and detailed information to the members regarding our lending products and is able to compare our products with other products available outside the credit union in order to educate our members, help save them money and provide the best member experience possible. Cross sells additional loan add-ons as needed and desired by member.
- Builds partnerships with other LOBs, including but not limited to Investment Services, Insurance Service, Small Business, Commercial and Mortgage. Refers, when appropriate, to all partners based on member need and interest.
- Effectively manages matrix reporting by directly reporting to the Branch Manager while continuing to participate in team activities and communication within the branch. Participates in all branch activities, adheres to branch schedule and contributes to daily branch scheduled events including lobby leading.
- Follows the onboarding process for all new members. Ensures every step is followed, account is opened properly and that all exceptions are corrected within 72 hours. Takes ownership of fully understanding policy, procedures and new account opening procedures for all account types.
- Responsible for processing all loan paperwork accurately and efficiently. Follows loan process end to end and acts as advocate for the member as well as a liaison when necessary between member and loan center or member and any other support department. Ensures process is seamless to the member and that any problems and/or issues are resolved to the member’s satisfaction.
- Fully maximizes partnership with Retail Service Center, especially the Specialized Service team, to help support member needs, inquiries, and problem resolution. Utilize partnership to help with time management and availability within the branch.
- Accountable for meeting and/or exceeding all components on individual scorecard (both metrics and behaviors) and contributes to achieving branch goals/targets including any special campaigns or initiatives.
- Helps support coaching of the entire branch team to help with referrals, to have better interactions with members and ensure all members are provided with accurate information and the best experience possible.
- Participates actively in supporting an inclusive and diverse environment, speaks their mind, shares and escalates feedback, opinions and thoughts and leads by example putting the member first.
- Works closely with peers, Branch Leadership, Senior Leadership, the Retail Support team and other LOBs to achieve consistency, maximum results and support an exceptional member experience.
- Leads by example by supporting the corporate mission, our cultural values and managing diversity and inclusion. Escalates concerns and shares thoughts and ideas with the Retail Sales Manager, Retail Support team and Senior Leaders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have a High School diploma or equivalency.
Must have at a minimum of 2-3 years of financial institution experience. At least one year with platform experience preferred, or in lieu of banking experience, a minimum of 4 years cash handling and relevant sales experience.
Must have the following skills and/or abilities:
- Must have an outgoing, sales-oriented personality.
- Must be customer service oriented, and must be able to work well under pressure.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Fluent in Spanish, preferred.
Must be flexible in work schedule to include Saturdays and to rotate within branch network.
Must be able to:
- Stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Lift 50 lbs.
- Climb, stoop, and/or kneel
1. To deliver service that is in alignment with the credit union’s Service Promises:
- Treat members with a positive attitude.
- Listen to and fully understand the members’ needs.
- Offer solutions that meet the members’ needs
- Take ownership of the Member Experience provided.
- Give and receive feedback for improvement.
- Continually learn for the benefit of the member.
2. Meets all established sales and service goals.
3. Possess adequate product knowledge as measured by the annual product knowledge certification assessment.