Generations Behavioral Health an Equal Opportunity Employer is expanding and is seeking Registered Nurses for its 76-bed hospital in Youngstown.
Generations Behavioral Health – Youngstown is dedicated to providing services to adults and their families who are experiencing problems related to mental illness with the best trained and motivated professionals resulting in exceptional outcomes. Our commitment to compassion and integrity is an integral part of our plan of care.
*PA candidates, Generations can provide assistance towards an Ohio license**
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current BLS
- Active, valid license
- Experience in psychiatric nursing, preferred
· Establishes a compassionate environment by providing physical, emotional, and spiritual support to patients and families.
· Assesses and identifies patient care requirements by utilizing evidence-based assessment and screening tools.
· Collaborates with other disciplines to develop a treatment plan that reflects patient assessments, goals of patient and family, and functionality.
· Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills, as appropriate.
· Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing department philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, The Joint Commission, Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, and other governing agency regulations.
· Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
· Maintains safe and clean environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, with assistance from unlicensed support personnel.
· Provides effective crisis intervention through clinical leadership, teamwork, and respect for patient to ensure that best outcome.
· Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
· Knowledge of psychopathology and general knowledge of medical care of patients.
· Understanding of resiliency and recovery in mental illness and substance abuse, and treatment approaches and techniques.
· Interest in working with patients with psychiatric diagnoses.
· Ability to work under stress with patients who may require constant observation.
· Flexibility in work schedule.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
We focus on providing the best possible care available. The dedication and commitment of our nursing staff, physicians and administrative team are the reasons for our exceptional patient outcomes.
Generations Behavioral Health
Why Work Here?Generations Behavioral Health is a short-term inpatient behavioral health hospital chain. Our state of the art facilities treat adult and geriatric patients suffering from mental illness and substance use disorder. We focus on providing the best possible care available. The dedication and commitment of our nursing staff, physicians and administrative team are the reasons for our exceptional patient outcomes.
Room for Growth!